France
Local time: 19:48
English to French
+ ...
Feb 22, 2006

Hi there,

when I click on "Preview your question" I get this message:

Something was wrong with your info.
The email address you entered is invalid. Without a valid email address, it will be impossible to contact you with answers

while my email address has not changed recently. I hence changed the address but keep receiving the same information.
What can I do?
TIA,
Olivia

[Edited at 2006-02-22 15:11]

Magda Dziadosz  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
Are you logged in Feb 22, 2006

when trying to ask a KudoZ question?

Magda

Olivia MAHÉ  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Logged in Feb 22, 2006

Yes I am, Magda. I tried again a minute ago, and I still get this error message...

Magda Dziadosz  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
I'm just guessing now... Feb 22, 2006

but perhaps some e-mails sent to you by the system (like notifications) bounced for whatever reason and that's why you're prompted to check if the e-mail address is Ok. If you have an alternative e-mail address, try to replace your current one in your profile (under Edit Personal Data) and see if it works.

This is just my guess - if it doesn't work, you should file a Support Request to our tech wizards.icon_smile.gif

Hope it works,
Magda

France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Doesn't work Feb 22, 2006

I changed my address, logged out and in and tried again, nothing to do, my question remains blocked. I received your postings normally, anyway... Now I'll ask the wizards. Thank you Magda!

Olivia

France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
what about this é? Feb 23, 2006

Can the problem derive from the final "é" of my name?
Sometimes it appears correct, sometimes it looks like a chinese character. Maybe my user name is not recognized and considered unknown? On this page for instance, in the User Info box, the é appears as something else once again: it has become a spot followed by a sort of treble clef and by "strong>"...
Now, I value this accent and don't want to remove it, so...???

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Hi Olivia Feb 23, 2006

Before asking a question try changing the encoding in your browser to Win1252 - it should help.

Natalia

France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Some more info? Feb 23, 2006

Thanks Natalie, I had read something about these changes, but I have no time to study the subject and I need to know what I shall do concretely to be able to ask questions. It's getting urgent!

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Olivia Feb 23, 2006

I just suspect that the system prevents you from asking because of the accented 'e' in your name: perhaps it's a bug resulting in that the system does not recognize you. The system is set to Unicode but the accented 'e' in your name is not a Unicode symbol, it is viewed correctly only in Win1252. Therefore I have made the above suggestion.

France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Put the blame on my E Feb 24, 2006

This is to confirm that my dear accent was the reason for all this trouble. Now everything is fixed and I want to thank you all again for your help, in particular Dieter who proposed to host my question. Cheers!

Olivia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot ask a Kudoz question

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search