Thread poster: Ulrike Lieder (X)
Ulrike Lieder (X)
Ulrike Lieder (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:00
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
Mar 9, 2006

For the past 5 days or so, I've been trying -to no avail- to update my current availability. Doesn't seem to make any difference whether I try to do this via my profile page (which I can open just fine, thus I didn't want to post this under that topic...) or directly in the "User Info" box that appears in the top left corner on every page.

Whenever I click on that little radio button (currently grey since I can't set availability...), IE displays a message "Error on page" in the sta
... See more
For the past 5 days or so, I've been trying -to no avail- to update my current availability. Doesn't seem to make any difference whether I try to do this via my profile page (which I can open just fine, thus I didn't want to post this under that topic...) or directly in the "User Info" box that appears in the top left corner on every page.

Whenever I click on that little radio button (currently grey since I can't set availability...), IE displays a message "Error on page" in the status bar at the bottom.

It was working fine the last time I updated (which would have been around 2/26 or so), but ever since that setting expired and the button turned back to grey, I haven't been able to reset my availability.

Surely I'm not the only one this is happening to?
Collapse

Yolanda Broad
Yolanda Broad  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:00
Member (2000)
French to English
+ ...

Bashful pop-up window? Mar 9, 2006

Sometimes those little pop-up windows hide behind other windows open on the screen. Maybe you can "catch" it if you minimize all your other open windows.

Ulrike Lieder (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
Nope... seems to be more than bashfulness... Mar 9, 2006

Yolanda Broad wrote:

Sometimes those little pop-up windows hide behind other windows open on the screen. Maybe you can "catch" it if you minimize all your other open windows.

That doesn't seem to help, I still get that yellow triangle with the exclamation point and "Error on page". When I move the pointer away from the radio button, the yellow triangle stays, and it says "Done". Except that nothing got done...

[Edited at 2006-03-09 01:20]

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 19:00
Spanish
+ ...
Cookies Mar 9, 2006

Have you tried deleting your cookes? Usually that helps.

Ulrike Lieder (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
Cookies!!! Mar 9, 2006

It took a couple of tries, but that seems to have done the trick.
Thanks so much for reminding me -- I always forget that deleting cookies every once in a while is a good thing.

[Edited at 2006-03-09 04:19]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot update Availability

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »