cannot edit a question
Thread poster: writeaway

writeaway  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
Mar 22, 2006

someone asked an abbreviation on the Nl-En site and listed it under 'general, conversation...'. I tried to edit it to 'symbols, abbreviations', using the V3 and newest kudoz versions. not only did it not change, but there is no trace of my attempted edits. Is this a bug in the system?

oops-just saw I already posted the same prob in February (thought it seemed familiar). In any case, it has not been fixed. Sorry for the repeated posting.

[Edited at 2006-03-22 11:26]

Direct link Reply with quote

Joanna Borowska  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 04:21
English to Polish
Problems with General / Conversation... and Symbols/Abbreviations Mar 22, 2006

For some time now questions posted in the General/Conversational field have been shown as Symbols/Abbreviations on the KudoZ list (already mentined here: http://www.proz.com/post/304232 ). So perhaps your problem is somehow linked to this one?

writeaway  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Does the bug change according to language pair? Mar 22, 2006

Joanna Borowska wrote:

For some time now questions posted in the General/Conversational field have been shown as Symbols/Abbreviations on the KudoZ list (already mentined here: http://www.proz.com/post/304232 ). So perhaps your problem is somehow linked to this one?

I seem to have the reverse problem. does the bug depend on the language pair, I wonder?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

cannot edit a question

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search