https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_technical_support/44180-new_profile_has_dissapeared.html

New profile has dissapeared
Thread poster: Jerónimo Fernández
Jerónimo Fernández
Jerónimo Fernández  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 23, 2006

Hiya.

I edited my profile yesterday and it seemed to me that it uploaded fine. However now the old version appears again

Have I messed up something? Can I recover it? (just guess: I didn't save the new profile anywhere, duh!!)

Thanks in advance

[Edited at 2006-03-23 21:41]

justin C
justin C
United States
Local time: 10:24
English
Profile free text area Mar 23, 2006

Hi Jerónimo!

Thanks for pointing this out, I made a change earlier today that put the two free text fields (background and specialization) into one field. Your changes should be visible now.

Sorry for the confusion!

Best Regards,
Justin

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL
Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:24
Member (2004)
English to Italian
no new profile Mar 24, 2006

when I click on my name in the 'user info' box on the top left, I'm taken to the old profile. Is this nornal? I'm logged in.

Giovanni

Jerónimo Fernández
Jerónimo Fernández  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks & One question Mar 24, 2006

Thanks Justin, it's back to new (if that makes any sense) now!

Now, question: Are specialization and background going to be merged permanently or this is just a trial?

Thanks again,
Jero

Gerard de Noord
Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 16:24
Member (2003)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Availabilty calendar Mar 24, 2006

Hi Justin,

I like the new profiles and I love the new availabilty calendar so much that I plan to use it and want to link to it from my own site. I would love to have a URL that points to the contact tab in visitor view.

Would
http://www.proz.com/?sp=profile&sp_mode=contact&eid_s=38122&visitor=1
do the trick?

Even bet
... See more
Hi Justin,

I like the new profiles and I love the new availabilty calendar so much that I plan to use it and want to link to it from my own site. I would love to have a URL that points to the contact tab in visitor view.

Would
http://www.proz.com/?sp=profile&sp_mode=contact&eid_s=38122&visitor=1
do the trick?

Even better would be a URL to the visitor view of the page I get when I click [more] underneath the availabilty calendar. Couldn't you make that page a real one, with an address, toolbars and a ProZ.com Home | Translator & Interpreter Directory header and all? Editing would be easier and I could link to it from my own site.

Regards,
Gerard
Collapse

justin C
justin C
United States
English
Yes, they are to be merged permanently Mar 24, 2006

Hi guys,

when I click on my name in the 'user info' box on the top left, I'm taken to the old profile. Is this nornal? I'm logged in.

I think you are talking about the new profile format that members can check (/profile) vs the current profile (/pro). Everything on the site is still pointing to the /pro link. When Jerónimo says 'new profile' he is referring to the new information he entered into his free text area a couple days ago. Sorry about the confusion.

Are specialization and background going to be merged permanently or this is just a trial?

Yes, these are going to be merged permanently. In essence, the two fields have been used for the same purpose over the years, a free text area for users to put in their own information. To achieve consistancy between the new and old profile *formats*, these two fields have been merged together.

Hope this answers your questions!

Best Regards,
Justin

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL
Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:24
Member (2004)
English to Italian
ah thanks... Mar 24, 2006

justin wrote:

I think you are talking about the new profile format that members can check (/profile) vs the current profile (/pro). Everything on the site is still pointing to the /pro link.

I must have missed that bit.... thanks.

G

Gerard de Noord
Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 16:24
Member (2003)
English to Dutch
+ ...
New profile page Mar 24, 2006

Hi Justin,

I think that the colum showing:

Contact user: Email, ProZ.com messenger
Make payment: Paypal
User's local time: 24 Mar 16:58 GMT +100

is too close to the first column. If you'r not planning to use the third, empty, column, two columns would be better and easier on the eyes.

Regards,
Gerard

justin C
justin C
United States
English
Beta profile discussion therad Mar 24, 2006

Hi Gerard,

Thanks for the suggestion! Please post suggestions and questions about the beta profile format in this thread - http://www.proz.com/topic/44157 .

Thanks!
Justin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New profile has dissapeared

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »