Web Term Search not displaying properly
Thread poster: Manuel Martín-Iguacel

Manuel Martín-Iguacel  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:22
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 28, 2006

WTS has not been available since yesterday evening. The left hand side boxes and search criteria etc. are missing, i.e. I cannot type anything in order to make a search as that Left column with all the searching tools is missing.

Daniel Ehret  Identity Verified
Hungary
French to Hungarian
+ ...
Same here Mar 28, 2006

Thanks for opening the topic, I already wondered if it was a problem with my computericon_smile.gif (FYI: I have Internet Explorer 6.0 with Win 2K)

Paula Gayol  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:22
English to Spanish
Same here too! Mar 28, 2006

Since yesterday.

Paula

Hilaryc78  Identity Verified
German to Italian
+ ...
Same problem Mar 28, 2006

Hi,

I know, I have the same problem....

This might be due to the fact that we are migrating from the old format to the new one...I don't know

I have already posted this question in the Italian forum..

Ciao,

Ilaria

Manuel Martín-Iguacel  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
i was afraid that migration might be the reason... Ta Mar 28, 2006

Hilaryc78 wrote:

Hi,

I know, I have the same problem....

This might be due to the fact that we are migrating from the old format to the new one...I don't know

I have already posted this question in the Italian forum..

Ciao,

Ilaria

Ruben Berrozpe  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
Same here Mar 28, 2006

Thanks for pointing this out. I experienced some erratic bahaviour of this feature yesterday but by this morning the left pane is definitely gone. It's one of the features of ProZ.com I use most intensively, I hope it gets fixed soon.

Rb

Maria Asis  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Yes, please Mar 28, 2006

Ruben Berrozpe wrote:

It's one of the features of ProZ.com I use most intensively, I hope it gets fixed soon.

Rb

Yes, please, please, please

MJ

Ivette Camargo López  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Me too! Mar 28, 2006

I hope it gets back to work soon!

(... Funny that a lot of those who have replied to this thread are Spanish-related, including myself.... I guess this feature is particularly useful in this language...)

icon_wink.gif

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Support Request? Mar 28, 2006

Hi all,
Has anyone submitted a Support Request regarding this issue?

Ralf

Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
I thought about it, but... Mar 28, 2006

Since I just recently sent another 2 support requests about other questions, I thought it was best not to send another one...

Should we?

Ivette

Germany
English to German
+ ...
More efficient than posting in the forum... Mar 28, 2006

Hi Ivette,
[quote
Since I just recently sent another 2 support requests about other questions, I thought it was best not to send another one...[/quote]
But why? For ProZ.com staff, handling a support request is much more efficient than having to scan the forums.

Should we?

Of course you should - I can submit a SR referring to this topic, but it will be better if someone who can provide a first-hand problem description did that.

Best regards,
Ralf

Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Just did... Mar 28, 2006

Just wanted to add that maybe some of us thought that the forums (especially if related to Proz.com directly) were also a way of reporting such incidents.

I think someone already mentioned that the problem was related to a migration, so I guess most likely we assumed that Proz.com was aware of this problem.

In my case in particular, I joined this thread as a way of "chit-chatting" a bit about the problem, like when you meet in the kitchen of the office to talk about the system being down.

Again, I was totally unaware that forum posts do not necessarily mean a follow-up.

Thanks anyways for your feedback,

Ivette

Germany
English to German
+ ...
Forum topics *are* followed up by ProZ.com staff Mar 28, 2006

Hi again,
Ivette Camargo López wrote:

Just wanted to add that maybe some of us thought that the forums (especially if related to Proz.com directly) were also a way of reporting such incidents.

They are - the main difference is that a support ticket is followed up as part of a defined process (and hence, usually faster).

BTW I have no problem with the web term search whatsoever (using Firefox 1.0.7), so you should indicate which browser you're using when reporting this problem.

Best regards,
Ralf

[Edited at 2006-03-28 14:20]

Ruben Berrozpe  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
Ralf is right, but... Mar 28, 2006

... by the time you see 6 responses in this forum it's safe to assume that a support request has already been submitted. After all, clogging ProZ staff with tens of support requests is possibly not more effective than opening a forum thread and talking about it. It also helps confirm that other users are experiencing the same problem.

Rb

Daniel Ehret  Identity Verified
Hungary
French to Hungarian
+ ...
It's working again Mar 28, 2006

I just checked the page and it's working!
Thanks Ralf, and thanks to all the staff for solving this problem so quickly!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Web Term Search not displaying properly

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search