Thread poster: Martine Etienne
Martine Etienne
Martine Etienne  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 22:18
English to French
+ ...
Aug 15, 2002

A customer has send me a translation to do and a part of it is to be taken from a Translation Memory (*.text in wordpad) I follow the instruction of the help file, but I cannot get the translation memory in Trados workbench. Each time, the translation unit are all read but none imported. I get 0/6609 in place of 6609/6609 in the message, meaning 0 translation unit have been imported on 6609, but I get \"importation successful\".

What am I doing right??

Can anyone help??
... See more
A customer has send me a translation to do and a part of it is to be taken from a Translation Memory (*.text in wordpad) I follow the instruction of the help file, but I cannot get the translation memory in Trados workbench. Each time, the translation unit are all read but none imported. I get 0/6609 in place of 6609/6609 in the message, meaning 0 translation unit have been imported on 6609, but I get \"importation successful\".

What am I doing right??

Can anyone help??

Thanks a lot.
Collapse

gianfranco
gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 17:18
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
Check the language pair Aug 15, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-08-15 14:34, pilou wrote:

A customer has send me a translation to do and a part of it is to be taken from a Translation Memory (*.text in wordpad) I follow the instruction of the help file, but I cannot get the translation memory in Trados workbench. Each time, the translation unit are all read but none imported. I get 0/6609 in place of 6609/6609 in the message, meaning 0 translation unit have been imported on 6609... See more
Quote:

On 2002-08-15 14:34, pilou wrote:

What am I doing right??

Can anyone help??

Thanks a lot.

The most likely reason for not importing the segments is a mismatch in the language pair.

Check if you are using a Translation Memory (existing or newly created) based on the same language pair existing in the txt file that you have received.

You can check the language pair in the TM using Workbench, and compare it to the txt file received, opening in wordpad/notepad.

For example, EN-UK (British English) is not the same as EN-US (American English). If your memory is set as EN-UK and the txt file contains EN-US segments, Trados will read all 6609 segments and find NONE suitable for import.

Gianfranco

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-08-16 23:00 ]Collapse

Nikolai Muraviev
Nikolai Muraviev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 23:18
English to Russian
+ ...
Check language descriptors! Aug 16, 2002

First, check current settiongs of your language pair. Check language descriptors. Then, open your txt-TM in any word processor (Notepad is preferable). Check and correct language descriptors in txt-file. (Don\'t forget to make backup copy!!! -- just in case)

Good luck!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

PROBLEM TO IMPORT A TM WITH TRADOS

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »