ProZ servers failure?
Thread poster: Boris Kimel

Boris Kimel  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 14:34
English to Russian
+ ...
Jun 19, 2006

Recently I've noticed a file disappeared from my hosting account. Thinking at first I'd done something wrong, I did not take any action, though the file was definitely there (it was an image hyperlinked from another forum, and it was visible there). And today I get an old version of my CV from my profile - I've used to get it from there when I need it on the go - and it was an updated version for sure, at least since our phone numbering changed.

The only reason I can see is that there was some hardware failure and the data were restored from some (not very fresh) backup. If yes, where are the notifications or even better, public announcements? If no, well, should be running to find out who's being playing around with my account...

Thanks for comments!

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:34
English to German
+ ...
Submit a Support Request Jun 19, 2006

...quoting your details.

This will help ProZ.com staff to identify what went wrong.

Best regards,
Ralf

xxxBrandis
English to German
+ ...
mail server may be going slow Jun 19, 2006

Hi!
I have been observing this, the outsourcer response on my bids sometimes takes 2 days time or more. This would have something to do with hosting mail server, because I interact through outlook (don´t ask me for versions etc., it is 2003). Best Brandis

Lydia Molea  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Same happened to me Jun 19, 2006

I uploaded new files, the new website worked for a few days, and now the old website is up. I submitted a support request and waiting for a reply ... good luck!

Andrew Wright
United States
Local time: 06:34
English
Hosting issue sorted out Jun 21, 2006

Hey everyone,

We recently moved operation of hosting to the second server to start making more room for additional accounts. It looks like a very things weren't synched up properly when this occured. Anyone still affected by this should submit a support ticket at http://www.proz.com/support if they haven't done so already.

Best regards,
Andrew Wright

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ProZ servers failure?

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search