Cristina Pereira
Cristina Pereira  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:58
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Jul 4, 2006

Hi,

I hope I'm in the right forum. I noticed, since 2 or 3 weeks ago, that I don't receive e-mails regarding all the reactions to my answers (agrees, disagrees...), and that also applies when my answer is chosen (or not). I used to get everything by e-mail.

Could it be that I have to change something in my profile or when I'm answering questions that I don't know of? Any hidden option? Or else?

Plus, could it be that I'm having troubles receiving any type o
... See more
Hi,

I hope I'm in the right forum. I noticed, since 2 or 3 weeks ago, that I don't receive e-mails regarding all the reactions to my answers (agrees, disagrees...), and that also applies when my answer is chosen (or not). I used to get everything by e-mail.

Could it be that I have to change something in my profile or when I'm answering questions that I don't know of? Any hidden option? Or else?

Plus, could it be that I'm having troubles receiving any type of message through my profile?

Thanks in advance for any light!

Cristina
Collapse

María Leonor Acevedo-Miranda
María Leonor Acevedo-Miranda  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:58
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Did you change anything on yr profile? Jul 4, 2006

If isn't so that should NOT be happening, but then again strange things are always happening here…

I am forbidden to change from PRO to NON-PRO and vice versa, AND I AM A FULL PAYING MEMBER...

When it is time to pay one is warned times and times again, the same does not happen when all of the sudden someone decides to change your privileges. BUT YOU GET NO DISCOUNT!!!

So, my friend let’s hope this a momentaneous problem

Cristina Pereira
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hope so too Jul 4, 2006

Thanks for your help, Leonor!

I didn't change anything in my profile, as far as I know (just updated it, from time to time). I surely hope this is a momentaneous problem!

I'm sorry for you, why are you forbidden to make those changes?

E boa sorte para o jogo de amanhã))

Cristina

Luisa Ramos, CT
Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:58
English to Spanish
You did not change anything Jul 4, 2006

But, somehow, some changes have been made because too many people have complained about the same thing, including me. Go to your Kudoz preference screen and verify that you have "Open" questions selected for notifications and search, not "Closed". I believe they did something, some conversion or something that changed that parameter.

Ivana de Sousa Santos
Ivana de Sousa Santos  Identity Verified
Portugal
French to Portuguese
+ ...
I didn't receive some notifications of kudoz answers Jul 5, 2006

I posted some questions last week and didn't get at least one of the answers in many of them.

Some time after that, I got a notification e-mail to close/grade my questions and was astonished to see that there were other answers... and I didn't receive their notification by e-mail, so I didn't know another suggestion had been made.

Cristina Pereira
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Notifications on, now! Jul 5, 2006

Thank you very much, Luisa! I went to "general preferences" and, to my surprise, noticed that "notifications" were "off". So, I ticked to put it "on". Hope it will solve the problem.

Ivana, maybe you should do the same... or have you done it already?

Thanks everyone for your help, again.

Cristina

Ivana de Sousa Santos
Ivana de Sousa Santos  Identity Verified
Portugal
French to Portuguese
+ ...
I can't see "general preferences"... Jul 5, 2006

... in my profile.

I only see "notification preferences" and it has nothing to do with receiving e-mails.

I have the new profile format.

Cristina Pereira
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It still happens... Jul 5, 2006

It is still happening. I just answered a question, with 6 agrees up until now, of which I received only 4 email notifications...

Have to look again the "settings" tab.

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 05:58
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Hi all Jul 5, 2006

There is an obvious problem with various kinds of notifications. I have been observing it since yesterday.

I have submitted a support request to the staff, pointing also to this thread.

Natalia

Konstantin Kisin
Konstantin Kisin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Russian to English
+ ...
having the same problem Jul 11, 2006

and submitted a support ticket.

justin C
justin C
United States
Local time: 23:58
English
One of ProZ.com's web servers was blocked on a major SPAM list called the CBL Jul 13, 2006

Hi all!

I responded to your ticket a few minutes Konstantin, and I'm pretty sure I found the problem.

It looks like one of ProZ.com's web servers that is in heavy rotation was listed on a major SPAM list called the 'CBL' as of a few days ago. Many email providers check this list to see if a sender's IP address is blocked, and if it is, blocks the message (pasted below, ip addresses were replaced with XXX's).

... See more
Hi all!

I responded to your ticket a few minutes Konstantin, and I'm pretty sure I found the problem.

It looks like one of ProZ.com's web servers that is in heavy rotation was listed on a major SPAM list called the 'CBL' as of a few days ago. Many email providers check this list to see if a sender's IP address is blocked, and if it is, blocks the message (pasted below, ip addresses were replaced with XXX's).

2006-07-11 20:03:24 1G0OS4-0006RA-9x ** [email protected] R=lookuphost T=remote_smtp: SMTP error from remote mailer after initial connection: host mailin.blueyonder.co.uk [195.188.53.99]: 550-Rejected because XXX.XXX.XXX.XX is in a black list at sbl-xbl.dnsbl.\n550-Please contact your ISPs Abuse department to get this resolved.\n550 http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=XXX.XXX.XXX.XX

As you could imagine, seeing this error message was a quite a surprise to me. I was able to get us removed from the list, and fix the reason why the SPAM list blocked our server. Hopefully, this will not happen again, but I am going to be implementing a few things to try to find out about these problems as soon as they happen.

Sorry for the trouble, everyone!

Best regards,
Justin
Collapse

Cristina Pereira
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks all! Jul 13, 2006

Just to say thanks, hoping that everything is Ok now

Cristina

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I don't receive e-mail notifications regarding questions I answered

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »