Andrea Ali  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 18:34
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 5, 2006

Hi!

I was wondering how long does it take for a support ticket to be assigned to a Proz member.

I sent one about 12 hours ago and it still reads unassigned.

It would be nice to hear somebody has read my request. Mind you, I am aware this is not the only request/problem that needs attention but I feel I am talking to a machine.

My previous ticket was quickly answered and solved.
... See more
Hi!

I was wondering how long does it take for a support ticket to be assigned to a Proz member.

It would be nice to hear somebody has read my request. Mind you, I am aware this is not the only request/problem that needs attention but I feel I am talking to a machine.

My previous ticket was quickly answered and solved. Maybe I did something wrong?

TIA!

Andrea
Collapse

Patricia Lane
Patricia Lane  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 23:34
French to English
+ ...
waiting for days.... Jul 5, 2006

and i know i am not the only one!

Andrea Ali
Argentina
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not encouraging at all! Jul 5, 2006

Hi Patricia,

Sorry to hear about this. I have experience with this ticket system (from a service provider) and it really does not work, at least not as one would expect

Cheers,
Andrea

Astrid Elke Witte
Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:34
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
I think the staff who answer are on holiday Jul 5, 2006

I submitted a support ticket on 18th June, and I am still waiting for the answer. I asked for a broken link on the site to be fixed.

Astrid

Andrea Ali
Argentina
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
On holiday? Jul 5, 2006

Hi Astrid,

Long one... And I was worried about 12 hours...

Is the service available or do we have to email sb in particular or...?

Anybody?

Thx!

Andrea

Alejandra Villarroel
Alejandra Villarroel  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 17:34
English to Spanish
+ ...
Be patient... Jul 6, 2006

Andrea Ali wrote:

Hi!

Andrea

Please read this, Andrea. My most recent experience with support tickets...

- June 22 --> Support ticket sent (staff only.)
- June 24 --> Support ticket replied by Patrick Dotterer (though only informing me that my support ticket was being referred to Justin.)
- Unknown date --> Support ticket assigned to Dwayne.
- July 05 --> New support ticket created to inquire about my initial support ticket (not kidding), and average time need by Proz to process and close a "staff only" support ticket.

Good luck, Andrea!

ALEJANDRA

Nikki Graham
Nikki Graham  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:34
Spanish to English
Where is the support ticket info? Jul 6, 2006

I sent a support ticket yesterday, or at least I thought I had, but I cannot find it anywhere. I've found a "past support tickets" button, which has no info in it whatsoever (despite the fact that I have sent support tickets before). So can anyone point me in the right direction to check on this before I send the support ticket again (as I thought they were at least acknowledged by an automatic email, which I haven't received).

Thanks

Mihai Badea (X)
Mihai Badea (X)  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
English to Romanian
+ ...
Link to the ticket page Jul 6, 2006

Nikki Graham wrote:

I sent a support ticket yesterday, or at least I thought I had, but I cannot find it anywhere. I've found a "past support tickets" button, which has no info in it whatsoever (despite the fact that I have sent support tickets before). So can anyone point me in the right direction to check on this before I send the support ticket again (as I thought they were at least acknowledged by an automatic email, which I haven't received).

Thanks

If you go to http://www.proz.com/tickets , you should be able to see all the tickets you submitted so far. If it is not there, something may have gone wrong with the registration and you may need to submit your ticket again.

Nikki Graham
Nikki Graham  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:34
Spanish to English
Thank you Jul 6, 2006

Mihai Badea wrote:

If you go to http://www.proz.com/tickets , you should be able to see all the tickets you submitted so far. If it is not there, something may have gone wrong with the registration and you may need to submit your ticket again.

Many thanks. It is there.

Patrick Dotterer
Patrick Dotterer
SITE STAFF
We are addressing the support issue Jul 6, 2006

Hey ProZians,

Thanks for your responses.

I realize your frustration and concern about your support tickets, since recently we have not responded and handled support as efficiently as we would like. But please understand that our goal is to provide quick and efficient support to all users/members.

Please know that we are presently in the process of hiring a new support lead and another support developer so we can respond to tickets much quicker. For now, I
... See more
Hey ProZians,

Thanks for your responses.

I realize your frustration and concern about your support tickets, since recently we have not responded and handled support as efficiently as we would like. But please understand that our goal is to provide quick and efficient support to all users/members.

Please know that we are presently in the process of hiring a new support lead and another support developer so we can respond to tickets much quicker. For now, I will personally look over your tickets that you've sent in and have our support developer look them over, if needed.

We apologize for any inconvenience we may be causing you.

Regards,
Patrick
Collapse

Andrea Ali
Argentina
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hey! Jul 6, 2006

Hi Patrick!

Thank you for being here

My ticket has finally been asigned today.

A huge kiZZ,

Andrea

Andrea Ali
Argentina
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Bug spotted Jul 6, 2006

I just want to let you know that the bug has been spotted and it is being solved.

I hope all the other bugs can be solved soon

Andrea

Gina W
Gina W
United States
Member (2003)
French to English
I've been waiting for over 2 weeks Jul 18, 2006

for an answer to my support ticket. It was assigned to someone within a couple days, but since then I have heard nothing. I've inquired twice, each time giving the site staff a little time in between to have actually tended to my request, and still nothing. Not sure why.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Support tickets

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »