Can't see my question
Thread poster: xxxIreneN
xxxIreneN
United States
Local time: 13:47
English to Russian
+ ...
Jul 29, 2006

I have just asked a question and got a confirmation with the link to it. When I go thru this link, I can see the question but it does not appear in the question list.

Did I miss something in posting it?

Thank you!
Irene

Strange... Apparently people see it - I'm receiving the answers.

[Edited at 2006-07-29 18:06]

Direct link Reply with quote

CristinaPereira  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:47
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Language pairs Jul 29, 2006

Could this be the case that the question is out of your regular language pairs? If this is so, if it is a language pair not featured in your profile, the only way to check it is through the link...

Cristina

gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 16:47
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
Check the options in the KudoZ page Jul 29, 2006

Dear IreneN,

if you go to your KudoZ pages, via your profile, KudoZ activity, Asked questions, you should be able to see all your questions (asked and answered are all listed, in two separate tabs, with no filtering).

To see the question listed in the main KudoZ listing, you should check carefully all options available, and make sure that one of them is not filtering that question (by language, type, level, category, or else).

bye
Gianfranco

[Edited at 2006-07-29 18:40]

xxxIreneN
United States
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No Jul 29, 2006

My beloved Eng-RU - verified

On the other hand, maybe the system believes that I don't have any pairs set for asking questions because I have not asked a question since way before the latest and the greatest avalanche of changes... But then again, the system recognizes my pairs when I log in to Proz...

BTW, if what you said about other pairs is true, than this is plain stupid (not your comment, of course:-), the feature) - this would mean that after asking a question I won't be able to fulfill any additional requests or simply communicate with the answerers, because Add a Note is not an option via this link, only Grade/Close - what a drag!

I had to ask those twice when I hit Japanese and Portuguese terms is otherwise perfectly English contexts.

Thank you
Irene

xxxIreneN
United States
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you very much, Gianfranco Jul 29, 2006

[ one of them is not filtering that question (by language, type, level, category, or else).
[/quote]

I already started to suspect something like this. Will do!

It's there under my profile Asked tab but still missing in the main listing. Time to dig for settings:-)

Irene

Angel Biojo
United States
Local time: 11:47
English to Spanish
Puzzle Jul 29, 2006

Irene:

Apparently no moderator has a good explanation for the situation that is puzzling you, i.e.: posting a question, getting answers, but never seeing it listed in the KudoZ list of questions. It all began at the end of last year and I wonder when that will be corrected.
I am as puzzled as you are.

xxxIreneN
United States
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hi Angel Jul 29, 2006

I haven't found anything that could stop my question from appearing, so you are right - it is a puzzle. I'm going to do a test question and beg the forgiveness of Russian community for bothering them for nothing. Or maybe I shall pick a winner anyway:-)

Irene

gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 16:47
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
Try the folllowing checks Jul 29, 2006

IreneN wrote:
It's there under my profile Asked tab but still missing in the main listing. Time to dig for settings:-)

OK, so the question is there, no doubt. You have seen it in your question asked list.

Now, turning your attention to the KudoZ question page. Fisrt of all, are you using the Advanced Search mode, or the Basic search mode? Make sure you are using the Avanced Search mode.

Then, go through all the options and check them with me:

Languages: set it to "My Languages"
Fields, set it to "All"
Category, set it to "All"
For Points, set it to "All"
etc... up to
Asker type, set it to "All askers"
Personal, set it to "All questions"

You should see now all questions in your language pair!!

If you still don't see your question, try visiting your KudoZ Dashboard, and check that you have not inadvertently banned yourself from your own view, in the tab Colleagues Flags and Filters

I can't think of anything else now that may be interfering with your listing.

bye
Gianfranco

[Edited at 2006-07-29 21:27]

xxxIreneN
United States
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Dear Gianfranco Jul 30, 2006

I'm so sorry I got lost for the evening, and by now you must be asleep:-) - time difference.

I tried and I see it now, but only after I checked "Show questions directed to those who meet certain criteria". But I didn't set any criteria and do not intend to. They are meant for the whole world to see and help! Is it the system that sets the criteria?

Or do I get it vice versa, i.e. by not checking it before I banned myself from seeing it? I blocked question emails and browse main listing at will. Does that mean that I won't be seeing some questions with this option now checked?

I have never even been in the Dashboard before and no flagging/filtering is set. In my question page Public question is checked, I assume by default.

Thank you!
Irene

teju  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:47
English to Spanish
+ ...
Try this Jul 30, 2006

Irene, this happened to me once. Without being aware of it, I had selected to see only questions classified as PRO. And I had asked a question that was not a PRO question. That's why when the list appeared, my question was not included. Check your settings, just like the moderator suggested. Hopefully you can correct the problem soon. Best of luck!

xxxIreneN
United States
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Latest achievements Jul 30, 2006

Well, after placing a checkmark against "...who meet the certain criteria" I finally see it all now - twice more questions, warnings and red labels "Does not meet criteria" Hate it!

I want to get rid of it - I didn't label anyone unworthy, I'm asking for help here! I can make my own judgements.

Well, I'm straying away and into other fora' realms, so I'd rather say another Thank you all for all your help! You meet the criteria:-)

Regards,
Irene

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't see my question

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search