Thread poster: artemisia (X)
artemisia (X)
artemisia (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:37
English to Italian
+ ...
Aug 22, 2006

Hi,

about 2/3 of my profile details do not show up in my profile page. Can anyone figure out why?

Thanks a lot

Antonella

Daniela Zambrini
Daniela Zambrini  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
click on "standardised" Aug 22, 2006

I think you need to click on the "+" symbol to read all info, or on "standardised".
Maybe you inadvertedly switched to personalised mode and hid some details.

If I click on "use owner's preference" on your profile there is only the paragraph begining with "about me"...

Denyce Seow
Denyce Seow  Identity Verified
Singapore
Local time: 14:37
Member (2004)
Chinese to English
Same with mine! Aug 22, 2006

Mine too! My clients' comments are gone, and so is my list of recent legal translation projects. I sent in a support ticket on 17 August, but nothing has been done so far. Someone from Proz did reply, but he said there is nothing wrong with the codes and that I might have deleted the information myself. He asked me to repost the information. The problem is I do not have this information elsewhere. I know Proz does back-ups and I hope they can put back this information.

Joanna Borowska
Joanna Borowska  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
This happened to me, too Aug 22, 2006

But I guess that was my fault. I was updaiting my profile information and I must have done something wrong. Half of my portfolio was gone and I had no other choice but to retype it

Daniela Zambrini
Daniela Zambrini  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
@ weiwei Aug 22, 2006

weiwei wrote:

Mine too! My clients' comments are gone, and so is my list of recent legal translation projects.

They're still there, I can see 26 projects entered and lots of feedback...you need to click on "standardized" in the following option on the upper left hand side

Default view: Standardized / Personalized / Use owner's preference

or on the "+" symbol just under your profile tab

Yolanda Broad
Yolanda Broad  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:37
Member (2000)
French to English
+ ...

I see Denyce's client comments but no list of legal transl. Aug 22, 2006

Hello Denyce,

I just looked at your profile after clicking all the "+" signs, so I could see all the content. You have a project history for 26 outsourcers, 8 of whom have entered comments ("corroborations"). However, in the body of the personalized section of your profile, in a box I assume you created, titled "RECENT PROJECTS," I only see "Business Translations" and "Medical Translations" listed. Is that box where you expected to see your legal translations listed? If so, I ca
... See more
Hello Denyce,

I just looked at your profile after clicking all the "+" signs, so I could see all the content. You have a project history for 26 outsourcers, 8 of whom have entered comments ("corroborations"). However, in the body of the personalized section of your profile, in a box I assume you created, titled "RECENT PROJECTS," I only see "Business Translations" and "Medical Translations" listed. Is that box where you expected to see your legal translations listed? If so, I can only guess that it must have been edited out by you at some point.

As a general observation, I've found it a good policy to make copies of all the content in my ProZ.com profile, as well as any other content I have posted on the Web. In fact, at one point I did need to restore all of my Website, because it got hacked. If I hadn't stored the pages on my computer, I'd have been out of luck. I trust ProZ.com profiles won't get hacked, but other problems can occur, so offline backups should always be kept.

Yolanda
Collapse

Denyce Seow
Denyce Seow  Identity Verified
Singapore
Local time: 14:37
Member (2004)
Chinese to English
Not the ones in my Project History Aug 22, 2006

Yolanda Broad wrote:

I just looked at your profile after clicking all the "+" signs, so I could see all the content. You have a project history for 26 outsourcers, 8 of whom have entered comments ("corroborations").

Nope, not these. I had some clients' comments on my main profile page. These disappeared all of a sudden. I don't remember editing my profile recently, so I don't know how the information got deleted.

It took me quite a while to compile these comments. I took them directly from clients' emails, so I don't have them backed-up elsewhere.

Denyce

Joanna Borowska
Joanna Borowska  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
I just visited the profile of one of colleagues Aug 23, 2006

and saw that almost all of his description was gone, cut off mid-sentence. Maybe it's a "global" problem then. Anyway, that's really weird... Support Staff?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

My profile details have just vanished!

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »