https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_technical_support/54106-not_receiving_kudz_e_mail_notifications.html

Not receiving Kudz e-mail notifications
Thread poster: Caryl Swift
Caryl Swift
Caryl Swift  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 04:11
Polish to English
+ ...
Aug 28, 2006

I haven't been receiving any notifications. I know it's not my mail service at fault because I'm receiving other mails. It's not my settings - checked those. Of course I've submitted a support ticket, but I was simply wondering if it's only happening to me?

avsie (X)
avsie (X)  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Related problem Aug 28, 2006

I haven't received any notifications for the forums topics I'm tracking today. I did the same thing you did, I checked my mail service, my profile settings, etc. Everything seems to be fine.

However, I did get a KudoZ notification for a question I'm supposedly tracking, in the English into Portuguese pair!!! Huh?

I guess I'll enter a support ticket as well

Ritu Bhanot
Ritu Bhanot  Identity Verified
France
French to Hindi
+ ...
Same Here Aug 28, 2006

I've been receiving notifications at least two days after I've already replied to a post or job notification...

and I can't even send a support request (a problem ever since I became a platinum member)

[Edited at 2006-08-28 13:04]

Caryl Swift
Poland
Polish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Me too! Aug 28, 2006

Marie-Claude Falardeau wrote:

However, I did get a KudoZ notification for a question I'm supposedly tracking, in the English into Portuguese pair!!! Huh?

I guess I'll enter a support ticket as well

Now you mention it, so did I - an asker note for an Italian into German question . . . !!!

However, from time to time, I do get the odd question/note out of my pair, but as this isn't normally accompanied by any other problems, I've tended to ignore it . . .

This time, though, it's different.

Still, at least I know I'm not alone . . . always a comfort!

Caryl Swift
Poland
Polish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
A question Aug 28, 2006

Ritu Bhanot wrote:

I've been receiving notifications at least two days after I've already replied to a post or job notification...

Have you also submitted a support ticket?

Fan Gao
Fan Gao
Australia
Local time: 12:11
English to Chinese
+ ...
Same here... Aug 28, 2006

We use Gmail and there's no problem there. Nearly missed out on a large job that's just come up too...tut tut:)

Mark

Antoinette Verburg
Antoinette Verburg  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2002)
English to Dutch
+ ...
No Kudoz or forum notifications Aug 28, 2006

I have not received any Kudoz notifications either today, nor any notifications for the forum topics I'm tracking....

Caryl Swift
Poland
Polish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
But I don't think it's my mail server . . . Aug 28, 2006

Hi, Mark!

Chinese Concept wrote:

We use Gmail and there's no problem there. Nearly missed out on a large job that's just come up too...tut tut:)

Mark

After all, I'm receiving notifications of all these replies . . .

So my problem's with Kudoz - and jobs . . .

Hope you get that job!

Caryl

justin C
justin C
United States
Local time: 22:11
English
Notification problem being resolved Aug 28, 2006

Hello all,

It looks like there was an issue that came up with the notification system while the conference was going on. The problem should be resolved, and notifications should start going out as normal again within the next few hours.

Best regards,
Justin

Caryl Swift
Poland
Polish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Frustrating, isn't it? Aug 28, 2006

Antoinette Verburg wrote:

I have not received any Kudoz notifications either today, nor any notifications for the forum topics I'm tracking....

A strange mixyure of misfortune . . . each one of us missing something different . . .

Caryl Swift
Poland
Polish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Fingers crossed . . . Aug 28, 2006

justin wrote:

Hello all,

It looks like there was an issue that came up with the notification system while the conference was going on. The problem should be resolved, and notifications should start going out as normal again within the next few hours.

Best regards,
Justin

I do hope so . . .

Thank you, Justin.

All the best
Caryl

Fan Gao
Fan Gao
Australia
Local time: 12:11
English to Chinese
+ ...
Thank you! Aug 28, 2006

Caryl Swift wrote:
Hi, Mark!
Hope you get that job!
Caryl

Thanks Caryl, fingers crossed:)

The problem seems to have been sorted out now anyway. Just got a days worth of Kudoz questions just come in:)

Best wishes,
Mark

Caryl Swift
Poland
Polish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not only fingers crossed . . . Aug 28, 2006

Chinese Concept wrote:

Thanks Caryl, fingers crossed:)

The problem seems to have been sorted out now anyway. Just got a days worth of Kudoz questions just come in:)

Best wishes,
Mark

but also holding my thumbs, Polish-style - makes typing the answers to all those questions a bit tricky - but, for you I'll make the sacrifice))

M.A.B.
M.A.B.
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
Receiving, but... Aug 28, 2006

I AM receiveing e-mail notofications, but often they come very late. For example I have just received a notification about this thread, which is a couple hours late... The same is with questions, unfortunately, which gives me very little chance to be the first to answer and earn some KudoZ points... :/

Caryl Swift
Poland
Polish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Same here . . . Aug 28, 2006

MaciejB wrote:

I AM receiveing e-mail notofications, but often they come very late. For example I have just received a notification about this thread, which is a couple hours late... The same is with questions, unfortunately, which gives me very little chance to be the first to answer and earn some KudoZ points... :/

Hi, Maciej!

Yes, I have to say that though I'm now getting notifications they're at least 1.5 hours late.

Perhaps it's just the system catching up on itself? Certainly hope so!

All the best,
Caryl

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Not receiving Kudz e-mail notifications

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »