Looking for tool that allows you to download a file in pieces.
Thread poster: Anette Herbert
Anette Herbert
Anette Herbert  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:41
English to Swedish
+ ...
Oct 12, 2002

I used to have \"something\" that paused a download if anything happened to the connection to Internet which I then could just continue with when I got my connection up again.

I have been trying to download a program for two days but never get to the end of it!

If you know what I am talking about please help.

Thank you!

Anette

Mario Cerutti
Mario Cerutti  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 18:41
Italian to Japanese
+ ...
Try ReGet Software Deluxe Oct 13, 2002

at the address http://deluxe.reget.com

I have been using it since two weeks only and it seems to perform well.

Mario Cerutti

Rita Damo
Rita Damo  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Spanish
+ ...
GoZilla Oct 13, 2002

http://download.com.com/3000-2071-8642138.html

Description

GoZilla is a comprehensive download accelerator and download management system. Featuring new, intelligent multipart downloading technology and GoZilla’s proprietary file mirror database, GoZilla can create, add, and modify multiple connections for each download based on your current speed and available bandwidth.
... See more
http://download.com.com/3000-2071-8642138.html

Description

GoZilla is a comprehensive download accelerator and download management system. Featuring new, intelligent multipart downloading technology and GoZilla’s proprietary file mirror database, GoZilla can create, add, and modify multiple connections for each download based on your current speed and available bandwidth. Comprehensive error recovery and download auto-resume capabilities mean that you will receive your files even if your connection is unexpectedly lost.

GoZilla includes a complete set of tools that makes it easy to work with and manage your downloaded files. An integrated unzipping utility provides one-click management of archived downloads. Integration with your favorite media programs allows GoZilla to automatically send downloaded music to your playlist, video to your video player, or pictures to your image archive. Using GoZilla Schedule, you can schedule downloads for later, create recurring downloads, and have GoZilla automatically dial up your connection and hang up when it’s done. GoZilla even integrates with your antivirus program to automatically scan files upon completion of the download.

The latest version of GoZilla includes integration with GoZilla Search, allowing you to search for software, video, and music from within GoZilla. GoZilla also adds intelligent multipart downloading technology and an updated interface with exclusive GoZilla customizable skin architechture.

Collapse

cheungmo
cheungmo
English to French
+ ...
No NO! Not Gozilla!! Oct 13, 2002

Gozilla is spyware.

Try Download Mage. Its the best I\'ve found so far.

http://www.dlmage.com/

Pierre

Bharg Shah
Bharg Shah  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 15:11
French to English
+ ...
I use getright Oct 13, 2002

I use getright and it works quite well for me. You can try it out. www.getright.com

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:41
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
GetRight Oct 13, 2002

GetRight is the best you can get.

It is shareware, so you can easily try it. If you find it is good, you can purchase it for a small fee. Then you are elligible for updates, which come regularly and are free.

Very easy to use, you can use the default settings and it works properly. Good described functions. If installed without Gator (which comes along with GetRight) you are free from advertising.

I can really recommend it.

Jerzy

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Download Accelerator Plus Oct 13, 2002

I have used this for some time and am satisfied with it. It can be obtained from

www.speedbit.com/

Anette Herbert
Anette Herbert  Identity Verified
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Oct 17, 2002

Thank you all for your suggestions and comments. I am trying getright, but I got the gator thing which is really annoying.

Jerzy or someone, could you please tell me how to uninstall it?

Thank you again. I don\'t know how you manage to do translations AND keep up with all the technical stuff, but I think you are brilliant and am grateful that you are here and helping!)

Anette

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:41
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Uninstalling Gator Oct 19, 2002

Unless you find any possibility to uninstall it via controll panel - software, I would uninstall the whole Getright and install it again, unchecking the \"GATOR\" box during setup.

I found Gator really annoying too.

Best

Jerzy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for tool that allows you to download a file in pieces.

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »