Thread poster: Diana Marfogel
Diana Marfogel  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 16:51
Hebrew to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 19, 2002

Hi colleages,

The problem I have is this: My PC works currently with Windows 98/Office 2000, customized to Hebrew (it has spell checker for Hebrew and English). Every time I want to install software in Spanish, I don\'t succeed, because the system can\'t read the accents, etc. if they appear in the name of any file needed during the installation process. I always get an error message. So I have now a CD of a Spanish diccionary waiting for the publisher to develop a solution. But what is worse, is that I don\'t have a spell checker (that I need desperately)because of the same problem. My question is: does anyone know a solution for this problem other than reinstalling Windows, this time in English? and, do you think I will have the same problem if I try to install proofing tools Spanish for Office 97/2000? I hope someone out there can help me, because I am tired of collecting CD\'s (and spending money) that I can\'t use, and I really need the spell checker.

Thanks a lot,

Diana Marfogel- Business & Financial Translations

Professional English-Spanish-Hebrew Translator

E-mail: dianama@netvision.net.il

Telephone: 972 9 8344590

Mobile: 972 54 207200

Fax: 972 9 8847140

P.o.box 335 Beit Itzhak, Emek Hefer 42920

Israel

Direct link Reply with quote

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 15:51
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

First of all, please check Oct 20, 2002

if you have the multilanguage support installed in Windows:

Control panel - Add remove programs - Windows istaller - Multilanguage support (I have Polish Windows, so these options may look somewhat different in your version).

Please post some feedback after checking.

Nathalie M. Girard, ALHC  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
In regards to your last question Oct 20, 2002

Good morning,

In regards to your last question:

\"My question is: does anyone know a solution for this problem other than reinstalling Windows, this time in English? and, do you think I will have the same problem if I try to install proofing tools Spanish for Office 97/2000?\"

I can tell you that I have Windows in English and I have no problems what so ever in installing French software as well as the French & Spanish proofing tools for Office 2000 (and also for office 97 a few years back)...

I hope this helps you a little.

Nathalie

Israel
Hebrew to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Feedback Oct 20, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-10-20 10:09, Natalie wrote:

if you have the multilanguage support installed in Windows:

Control panel - Add remove programs - Windows istaller - Multilanguage support (I have Polish Windows, so these options may look somewhat different in your version).

Please post some feedback after checking.

Hi Natalie, thanks for answering. I checked and I do seem to have the Multilanguage support. What do I do next?

Thanks, Diana

Israel
Hebrew to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Feedback Oct 20, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-10-20 13:36, CTIS wrote:

Good morning,

In regards to your last question:

\"My question is: does anyone know a solution for this problem other than reinstalling Windows, this time in English? and, do you think I will have the same problem if I try to install proofing tools Spanish for Office 97/2000?\"

I can tell you that I have Windows in English and I have no problems what so ever in installing French software as well as the French & Spanish proofing tools for Office 2000 (and also for office 97 a few years back)...

I hope this helps you a little.

Nathalie

Hi Nathalie,

It is already a help to see people care enough to answer other\'s messages. Your answer got me even closer to the conclusion that I will have to reinstall Windows, this time in English. Thanks,

Diana

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 15:51
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Diana, Oct 20, 2002

please contact me privately, it will be much faster and easier to discuss what\'s going on.

Natalia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem installing Spanish spell checker

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search