How can I print rtf files without the tags?
Thread poster: Martine Etienne

Martine Etienne  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 20:48
Member (2003)
English to French
+ ...
Nov 11, 2002

I would like to print rtf files without having all these numerous tags. A 40 pages file can become 120 pages with the tags. The problem is that I like having a paper version of my translation to work on and ameliorate. Could you help saving paper???

Thanks a lot

Direct link Reply with quote

Riccardo Schiaffino  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:48
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
Use MS Word Nov 11, 2002

MS Word, WordPerfect and a number of other word processors can print .rtf files as formatted text, without showing any of the tags.

Martine Etienne  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 20:48
Member (2003)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Ok, but how do you do it??? Nov 12, 2002

I knox they can but I do not know how????

gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 17:48
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
Print Options Nov 12, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-11-12 07:10, pilou wrote:

I knox they can but I do not know how????

When printing a word document containing hidden text and tags, make sure you have the option of printing hidden text unchecked.

Go to File >Print

Then click on the left lower corner in Options

Select the Printing options required, and in particular, make sure that Hidden text is NOT checked.

Gianfranco

Eugenia Corbo  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:48
English to Spanish
+ ...
Are you referring to Trados external and internal tags? Nov 12, 2002

If that is the case, save the file with a different name (as you will need to actually delete the tags), then go to Edit, Replace. In the \"find what\" box, choose \"any character\" (from the \"special\" drop down menu) and from the \"format\" menu, select \"style\" and from the \"style\" list select \"tw4winExternal\". Leave the \"replace with\" box empty and click replace. It should delete all external (grey) tags. Repeat the same process selecting the style \"tw4winInternal\". That should get rid of the internal red tags.

And if this is not what you were asking... keep it in mind anyway when dealing with Trados tagged files. I use this a lot when clients want to \"review\" the translation before typesetting.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I print rtf files without the tags?

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search