Has Kudoz gone mad? The same question sent 48 times (so far) [staff: 'problem should be resolved']
Thread poster: Caryl Swift

Caryl Swift  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 01:18
Polish to English
+ ...
Jan 17, 2007

So far this morning, in the space of about 90 minutes, I've received notification of one question 48 times:

http://www.proz.com/kudoz/1722824

I've also received notification of this one 11 times:

http://www.proz.com/kudoz/1723556

And this one is bringing up the rear with a mere 5 notifications:

http://www.proz.com/kudoz/1724600

In the meantime, I'm receiving questions posted this morning 2 hours later than I should.

What's more, when I try and return to the main Kudoz page from a question page, either it tells me that there are no questions in the fields I'm looking for or it returns me to a version of the page which is several hours old.

Is this happening to anyone else? Or is it just me?

And BTW, the figures given above are now hopelessly out-of-date. Make that 59, 18 and 10 notifications . . .



[Edited at 2007-01-17 11:17]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2007-01-17 11:36]


Direct link Reply with quote
 
xxxLeonardo Fus  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:18
English to Spanish
+ ...
Experiencing hosting/email problems: Jan 17, 2007

Hi...

We are presently having problems with our hosting server, which my be affecting your webmail/email notifications. Some of the notifications might arrive repeated. Please know that we are addressing this issue now.

We are sorry for this inconvenient. It will be solved soon.

Regards,

Leonardo Fusero.
ProZ.com


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Agnieszka Zmuda  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 01:18
Member (2005)
English to Polish
Unfortunately yes, Caryl Jan 17, 2007

... looks like there is something wrong with KudoZ today. When I try to enter the "answer questions" feature, in four cases out of five I receive a nearly blank page with a comment to the effect that "no questions meeting your criteria have been found" (or something like that). Of course, I have made no changes to my criteria recently and, after all, I receive a correct response from the system in ca. 20% of cases. Let's hope this bug (?) will be fixed soon.

Agnieszka


Direct link Reply with quote
 

James Calder  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:18
Member (2006)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Job alert problems Jan 17, 2007

This morning I received a rare job alert in my specialist field (football) an hour and 15 minutes after the job was closed. Not what I paid my membership fee for back in December.

Direct link Reply with quote
 

Caryl Swift  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 01:18
Polish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Funnily enough . . . Jan 17, 2007

Leonardo Fusero wrote:


Hi...

We are presently having problems with our hosting server, which my be affecting your webmail/email notifications. Some of the notifications might arrive repeated. Please know that we are addressing this issue now.

We are sorry for this inconvenient. It will be solved soon.

Regards,

Leonardo Fusero.
ProZ.com


. . . I've received notifications of Agnieszka's and James' replies - but not of yours!

Thank you for the prompt reply

All the best,
Caryl

[Edited at 2007-01-17 11:31]


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Caryl Swift  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 01:18
Polish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
"Criteria" Jan 17, 2007

Agnieszka Zmuda wrote:

... looks like there is something wrong with KudoZ today. When I try to enter the "answer questions" feature, in four cases out of five I receive a nearly blank page with a comment to the effect that "no questions meeting your criteria have been found" (or something like that). Of course, I have made no changes to my criteria recently and, after all, I receive a correct response from the system in ca. 20% of cases. Let's hope this bug (?) will be fixed soon.

Agnieszka


Yes - it was the 'criteria' message that I received, too. I just couldn't remember the proper wording - and had no desire whatsoever to go back and make it happen again, just to check the phrase!


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Caryl Swift  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 01:18
Polish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Jobs Jan 17, 2007

James Calder wrote:

This morning I received a rare job alert in my specialist field (football) an hour and 15 minutes after the job was closed. Not what I paid my membership fee for back in December.


And I've received no job notifications at all. I hope that means that there haven't been any . . .


Direct link Reply with quote
 

justin C
United States
Local time: 19:18
English
Been working to get systems back up and running from a failure last night Jan 17, 2007

Hi all,

Thanks for pointing out these issues, I've been working since last night to recover from databases problems we experienced before the end of the day yesterday.

You all should no longer be receiving duplicate notifications, but please submit a support ticket if you notice the issue still happening.

And Agnieszka, thanks for pointing out that error! I went ahead and fixed the problem causing the KudoZ list page not to come up properly.

As Leonardo stated, apologies for any inconvenience this has caused anyone, I am working to fix any residual problems stemming from the database issues we were experiencing.

Best regards,
Justin


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Caryl Swift  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 01:18
Polish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Kudoz list page Jan 17, 2007

justin wrote:

Hi all,

Thanks for pointing out these issues, I've been working since last night to recover from databases problems we experienced before the end of the day yesterday.

You all should no longer be receiving duplicate notifications, but please submit a support ticket if you notice the issue still happening.

And Agnieszka, thanks for pointing out that error! I went ahead and fixed the problem causing the KudoZ list page not to come up properly.

As Leonardo stated, apologies for any inconvenience this has caused anyone, I am working to fix any residual problems stemming from the database issues we were experiencing.

Best regards,
Justin


Hi, Justin,

I'm afraid the Kudoz list page is still not coming up properly - well, not for me at any rate. When I try to return to it from a question, I get returned to a version from over 2 hours previously.

However, the dulicate notifications do indeed seem to have stopped.

All the best,
Caryl


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Levan Namoradze  Identity Verified
Georgia
Local time: 03:18
Member (2005)
English to Georgian
+ ...
Another story Jan 17, 2007

Another story with Kudoz is that upon refreshing the "home page" I frequently see the yesterdays questions on the top (today, I noticed that since those on top were my own questions). I got the same problem from time to time during the last several months.
Regards,
Levan


Direct link Reply with quote
 

GingerR  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:18
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
Just to let you know... :-( Jan 17, 2007

[quote]Caryl Swift wrote:

So far this morning, in the space of about 90 minutes, I've received notification of one question 48 times:

http://www.proz.com/kudoz/1722824

I've also received notification of this one 11 times:

http://www.proz.com/kudoz/1723556




Unfortunately, the situation is the same with me and those two questions... I am still receiving repeated notifications on those... stopped counting them...


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Angela Dickson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:18
French to English
+ ...
similar problem Jan 17, 2007

I received around 100 duplicate messages (from the last couple of days) this afternoon, all in one go. Seems to have stopped now.

Direct link Reply with quote
 

Caryl Swift  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 01:18
Polish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Questions Jan 17, 2007

[quote]Joanna Nowak wrote:

Caryl Swift wrote:

So far this morning, in the space of about 90 minutes, I've received notification of one question 48 times:

http://www.proz.com/kudoz/1722824

I've also received notification of this one 11 times:

http://www.proz.com/kudoz/1723556




Unfortunately, the situation is the same with me and those two questions... I am still receiving repeated notifications on those... stopped counting them...


And they weren't THAT difficult, either

They've definitely stopped coming now, though - to me at any rate. Touch wood and thanks to the staff's efforts.

All the best


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Caryl Swift  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 01:18
Polish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Peace at last! Jan 17, 2007

Angela Dickson wrote:


I received around 100 duplicate messages (from the last couple of days) this afternoon, all in one go. Seems to have stopped now.


Yes, it seems to have calmed down. It was a very busy couple of hours in the mailbox while it lasted.

Have a peaceful end to the day

All the best,
Caryl


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Has Kudoz gone mad? The same question sent 48 times (so far) [staff: 'problem should be resolved']

Advanced search






Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search