Melissa Stanfield
Melissa Stanfield  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 20:08
Italian to English
+ ...
Feb 21, 2007

Hello all,

I'm not sure if anyone else has this problem or if it's a computer setting, but I thought I'd broach it anyway: When I prepare quotes and go forward to the preview window, it tells me to click "back" on the browser window to edit the quote. However, when I do this, the "page has expired" and I have to refresh to view the page and lose all my information. I've tried a few different things but can't seem to get around this. Any help would be much appreciated!

M
... See more
Hello all,

I'm not sure if anyone else has this problem or if it's a computer setting, but I thought I'd broach it anyway: When I prepare quotes and go forward to the preview window, it tells me to click "back" on the browser window to edit the quote. However, when I do this, the "page has expired" and I have to refresh to view the page and lose all my information. I've tried a few different things but can't seem to get around this. Any help would be much appreciated!

Melissa
Collapse

Marie-Céline GEORG
Marie-Céline GEORG  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 12:08
German to French
+ ...
Open a second browser window Feb 21, 2007

Hi,

When I want to see the job offer while quoting, I open a second browser window (or tab with IE7) so that I don't have to go back to the previous page, which indeed deletes everything you have typed so far.

HTH
Marie-Céline

Melissa Stanfield
Australia
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
editing the actual quote, rather than viewing the job ad Feb 21, 2007

Ah yes, I see what you mean Marie-Céline - I do that too.

I don't mean seeing the job ad, I mean actually being able to alter or change my quote (whether it be for a typo, or to add or delete something) - after you have clicked "preview quote" but before you click "submit quote".

I think it needs an edit button on the screen itself, to avoid using the browser back button.

l Gaston l
l Gaston l  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:08
Afrikaans to Ancient Hebrew
+ ...
A BACK button in form was added. Mar 8, 2007

Hi all,

Problems with back button from browser sometimes have problems in depends of browser configuration, cookie's exipire time, and some other stuff.

Now, a Back button at the bottom of the form was added to solve that problem.

Best,
Gastón

Melissa Stanfield
Australia
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Mar 14, 2007

Thanks Gastón!

Melissa

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Editing Quotes - Jobs

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »