Topic posted not appearing in forums
Thread poster: Nicole Martin

Nicole Martin
Local time: 02:35
German to English
Mar 2, 2007

I posted a topic in the SDL Trados forum at least 2 hours ago. I got the usual message about how it had to be approved by a moderator first, but it still hasn't shown up. I've never had this kind of delay before, so I'm wondering if there's a problem. I tried checking my profile to see if that topic shows up on my list of forum posts, and it does not.

Is there any way to find out if my topic has disappeared, or if it's just waiting for moderator approval? I really hope it's the second one. My post was somewhat long and involved and I do NOT want to have to type it all in again!

Thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 09:35
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Your posting is online Mar 2, 2007

here: http://www.proz.com/post/523152#523152

It was vetted 3 hours after posting.

Please note that forum moderators are volunteers and none of us can be online 7/24.

Thank you for your understanding.

Uldis.

Nicole Dequin wrote:

I posted a topic in the SDL Trados forum at least 2 hours ago. I got the usual message about how it had to be approved by a moderator first, but it still hasn't shown up. I've never had this kind of delay before, so I'm wondering if there's a problem. I tried checking my profile to see if that topic shows up on my list of forum posts, and it does not.

Is there any way to find out if my topic has disappeared, or if it's just waiting for moderator approval? I really hope it's the second one. My post was somewhat long and involved and I do NOT want to have to type it all in again!

Thanks!

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:35
English to German
+ ...
Thanks, Gianfranco and Uldis Mar 2, 2007

Nicole,
I try to be online as much as possible, but you know, I do run a business on the side...

You should see your topic whilst it's waiting for approval. To avoid vetting, you can become a member, or get a verified ID (please check the FAQ on how to do that).

Best regards from a restaurant in Paris
Ralf

Nicole Martin
Local time: 02:35
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
You can't have a life! ;-) Mar 2, 2007

You can't run a business and have a life, it might slow down one of my 3 posts I make a year! Where are your priorities?

I understand being volunteers and having other (more important!) things going on and I'm used to seeing a delay when I make a post. I was just surprised because I hadn't experienced a delay that long before and I was worried something had gone wrong with the site and my whole post had been lost. I wasn't upset that a moderator hadn't had a chance to approve it yet. Now I know how to see if my posts are still waiting, so next time I can check that. I read in these forums constantly, but don't write too much so I wasn't familiar with the situation.

Thanks for your help, and enjoy your night in Paris! I'm sure it's slightly nicer than a gray and wintry day in the suburbs of Detroit.

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:35
English to German
+ ...
That's what my wife keeps telling me... Mar 2, 2007

Where are your priorities?

...now where have I heard this question before?

Thanks for your help, and enjoy your night in Paris! I'm sure it's slightly nicer than a gray and wintry day in the suburbs of Detroit.

Er... it's not, actually - warmer, but still dull and rainy...

Have a nice weekend!
Best, Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Topic posted not appearing in forums

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search