'Settlement fees' - I would like to know what these fees are.
Thread poster: Michael and Raimunda Poe
Michael and Raimunda Poe
Michael and Raimunda Poe  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 07:07
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Jun 19, 2007

I was sent an email asking me to subscribe to the proz site. In this email it says that I can avoid settlement fees, I would like to know what these fees are.

Thank you.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2007-06-20 07:33]

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 11:07
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
paypal for instance charges ... Jun 20, 2007

....In this email it says that I can avoid settlement fees, I would like to know what these fees are.

...X% plus a fixed amount (depending on the sum) to transfer the money from the payer to the payee. This amount is deducted from the sum transferred.

I assume this is the money Henry was talking about. I other words ProZ would not receive 100%, but 100% minus X%.

Regards

[Edited at 2007-06-20 05:34]

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 06:07
SITE FOUNDER
Wire transfers fees can be substantial Jun 20, 2007

Right, Vito, thank you for clarifying.

Note that *all* fees related to payments are waived as part of the current campaign. Savings on wire transfer fees, for example, can be substantial. You may have the cost of the wire taken from the amount you are paying for membership, rather than paying the fee in addition. (Of course we ask that you only use wire transfers or other means of payment that incur high fees if more economical means of payment are not available.)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

'Settlement fees' - I would like to know what these fees are.

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »