Are there any plans to reactivate the function \'edit glossaries\'
Thread poster: Yelena.

Yelena.  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:30
English to Russian
+ ...
Jan 25, 2003

Are there any plans to reactivate the function \"edit glossaries\"? It used to be very useful that Proz members with over 500 Kudoz could edit those glossary entries, that were once very inconsiderately submitted and are just wrong.


Besides, the \"add to glossaries\" function doesn\'t seem to be working. Even if you click on the link on the right-hand side, it doesn\'t allow you to make any entries...


[ This Message was edited byicon_eek.gifn2003-01-25 15:59]


 

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:30
English to German
+ ...
Contact a moderator Jan 26, 2003

Quote:


On 2003-01-25 14:11, Yelena. wrote:

Are there any plans to reactivate the function \"edit glossaries\"? It used to be very useful that Proz members with over 500 Kudoz could edit those glossary entries, that were once very inconsiderately submitted and are just wrong.



Check this thread: www.proz.com/?sp=bb/viewtopic&post=45665#45665 - if you notice an incorrect entry, just send a short note to the moderator(s) concerned.


Quote:


Besides, the \"add to glossaries\" function doesn\'t seem to be working. Even if you click on the link on the right-hand side, it doesn\'t allow you to make any entries...



I don\'t have that problem - in fact, I just completed a glossary entry. Which OS/browser are you using?


 

Yelena.  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:30
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you very much, Ralf Jan 27, 2003

I use is Windows 98, Internet Explorer 6. All of the buttons (Squash, Edit question, Make Easy) work perfectly well, apart from the \"Add to glossaries\". Can anyone explain why?

[ This Message was edited by:on2003-01-27 14:57]


 

Karlo Heppner  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 23:30
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
A lot of problems Jan 27, 2003

As a matter of fact it seems that there exist a lot of problems.

I also cannot use the Edit glossary function for a long time (since there was that problem with the server).

I read Henry´s explanation in December that Proz was thinking of changing the requirements for using this function. One month has passed and apparently nothing has happenend.

It seems that I´m not the only one that does not receive job postings. I checked everything, including my browser, Outlook settings, without explanation. Today, I didn´t even receive the Kudoz questions. What is happening?


Greetings Karlo


 

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:30
English to German
+ ...
...and a lot is being worked on Jan 27, 2003

Quote:


On 2003-01-27 16:38, karlo1 wrote:

As a matter of fact it seems that there exist a lot of problems.



Not surprising, given a site that is permanently \'in motion\'.


Quote:


I also cannot use the Edit glossary function for a long time (since there was that problem with the server).



The change in access rights was implemented when the server array was restored.


Quote:


I read Henry´s explanation in December that Proz was thinking of changing the requirements for using this function. One month has passed and apparently nothing has happenend.



Rest assured that the ProZ.com team aren\'t resting on their laurels: quite the opposite, actually. As you may have seen, ProZ has taken on additional staff members.

The policy regarding glossary edits has not changed.


Quote:
It seems that I´m not the only one that does not receive job postings. I checked everything, including my browser, Outlook settings, without explanation. Today, I didn´t even receive the Kudoz questions. What is happening?



I suggest you submit a Support Request, detailing your problems.


 

Yelena.  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:30
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
"Add to glossary" function still not working Jul 29, 2003

Hello,

My "Add to glossary" function (on a page with a Kudoz question) is still not working. If I click on it, the page just refreshes itself and doesn't allow me to make any entries to the glossary. I submitted several support requests, but unfortunately received no answer. Can anybody help?


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Are there any plans to reactivate the function \'edit glossaries\'

Advanced search






CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search