https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_technical_support/81964-group_buy_sdl_trados_2007_special_offer.html

Group buy SDL TRADOS 2007 special offer
Thread poster: Mara Concas
Mara Concas
Mara Concas  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 22:34
German to Italian
+ ...
Aug 23, 2007

Hallo,
I'd like to take part in the Group buy SDL Trados 2007 special offer, but I have no credit card, only a pre-payed card (Postamat, italian), valid for the payement (so it seems to be) VISA Electron, that I used once to pay my membership Proz.com through paypal: do you think it's possible to take part to the offer by using this kind of card?
Thanks in advance (and excuse me for my very bad english...).
Mara

Riccardo Di Salvatore
Riccardo Di Salvatore  Identity Verified
Germany
German to Italian
+ ...
forum about Postamat Aug 23, 2007

Hi Mara,

I've found this link about Postamat (a forum).
It looks like this card cannot be used as a credit card on the Internet (if the info is correct).

Best regards,
Riccardo

Drew MacFadyen
Drew MacFadyen  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:34
Spanish to English
+ ...
Postamat not possible - Bank Transfer is though Aug 23, 2007

Unfortunately the Ricardo and the previous thread referrenced are correct in that the card type you have specified is not available for purchase of SDL TRADOS Freelance in this manner. Options include Bank or Wire Transfer for those without access to a credit card.

Hopefully you will be able to make a transfer and join in this current group buy.

Regrads,

Drew MacFadyen

Mara Concas
Italy
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Aug 23, 2007

Thank you for your answer. Are you sure that I can take part in the offer with a bank transfer? I've read that a credit card is required to purchase this offer and ther's no reference about bank transfer or another way to pay (as Paypal etc.).

Best regards-

Mara

Mara Concas
Italy
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I was wrong...I've a Postepay, not a Postamat card. Aug 23, 2007

I've read the link about Postamat and I've realised I was wrong... In fact, my card isn't Postamat, but a Postepay (a pre-paid card). I was surprise to hear that it's not possible to buy in Internet with this card, because I've already used it to purchase in Internet. In the forum they say that with a card with a 16 number code (as mine) one is able to purchase in Internet. Do you think it's my case for this offer?
Thank you very much for your help.
Best regards.

Mara.... See more
I've read the link about Postamat and I've realised I was wrong... In fact, my card isn't Postamat, but a Postepay (a pre-paid card). I was surprise to hear that it's not possible to buy in Internet with this card, because I've already used it to purchase in Internet. In the forum they say that with a card with a 16 number code (as mine) one is able to purchase in Internet. Do you think it's my case for this offer?
Thank you very much for your help.
Best regards.

Mara.

[Modificato alle 2007-08-23 16:15]
Collapse

Riccardo Di Salvatore
Riccardo Di Salvatore  Identity Verified
Germany
German to Italian
+ ...
Postepay Aug 24, 2007

Dear Mara,

If you go to the following website

http://www.poste.it/bancoposta/cartedipagamento/postepay.shtml

you will get all the info about the postepay card.

I believe that with the postepay card you just have to recharge your card and make sure you it has the necessary amount to carry out the transaction.

G
... See more
Dear Mara,

If you go to the following website

http://www.poste.it/bancoposta/cartedipagamento/postepay.shtml

you will get all the info about the postepay card.

I believe that with the postepay card you just have to recharge your card and make sure you it has the necessary amount to carry out the transaction.

Good luck!
Riccardo
Collapse

Mara Concas
Italy
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Aug 24, 2007

Grazie mille, Riccardo!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Group buy SDL TRADOS 2007 special offer

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »