How to show several versions of my name in my profile, for search engine reasons?
Thread poster: Wa'ad Younane

Wa'ad Younane
Lebanon
Local time: 20:52
English to Arabic
+ ...
Sep 26, 2007

Here it goes,

I am a Lebanese translator registered in proz.com under the name Wa'ad Younane. (my name is arabic and means PROMISE in English)

However, the majority of people when using search engines to look for my name skip the apostrophe that is dividing my name and simply write Waad Younane.

Is it possible to obtain the same results for Wa'ad and Waad? I didn't think this was important but since I became member, I am yielding real fruits and would like to benefit more from this incredibly useful site.

Worth every penny already:)

[Edited at 2007-09-26 11:37]

Direct link Reply with quote

Marie-Hélène Hayles  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:52
Italian to English
+ ...
Try adding "Waad Younane" to your key words in your profile Sep 26, 2007

That should do the trick.

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 13:52
SITE FOUNDER
I see you have already added the keywords... Sep 26, 2007

Which is good. That will indeed do the trick, once Google gets to your page again.

Another thing you can do is customize the title of your page, for example changing it to Wa'ad / Waad Younane - English to Arabic / Lebanese legal translator (for example). You can do that from here: http://www.proz.com/?sp=profile&sp_mode=settings&sp_submode=se

ahmadwadan.com  Identity Verified
Kuwait
Local time: 21:52
English to Arabic
+ ...
Another version Sep 26, 2007

Dear Wa'd,

I have written another version of your name (Wa'd), as I think there is not "a" after "(').

Kind regards

Wa'ad Younane
Lebanon
Local time: 20:52
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
A million thanks... Sep 26, 2007

... it has indeed ocurred to me to add the versions to the keywords. And I have changed the title as well so hopefully this will work:)

I will be trying the google search engine once in a while to see the change.

thank you for your replies, this really helps!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to show several versions of my name in my profile, for search engine reasons?

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search