Jobs with my languages don't show
Thread poster: samehme
samehme
United States
Local time: 10:44
English to Arabic
+ ...
Oct 5, 2007

I switched to the new proz site design, but whether I choose MY PREFS or ALL JOBS, to show the jobs, I get all languages jobs, but not my selected languages.

Please advise or fix.

Thanks,

Direct link Reply with quote

Veronika Hansova  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 19:44
English to Czech
+ ...
The same for me Oct 5, 2007

... in the older version i can see two open jobs but nothing is the new design. Why is that?

Colin Brady
Local time: 14:44
SITE STAFF
New design shows job listings according to your preferences on home page Oct 5, 2007

Hi samehme, Veronika,

The job posting section in the new design shows job listings according to your preferences set on the job list page (http://www.proz.com/jobs).

Best,
Colin

samehme
United States
Local time: 10:44
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
That does not solve the problem Oct 5, 2007

Hi Colin,

Thank you for the suggestion, but I am talking about the appearance on the main page. I mean to say, when I click my pairs (prefs) with the new design, it shows all LANGUAGES jobs and not my pairs, which I set up.

Thanks,

Sameh

Veronika Hansova  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 19:44
English to Czech
+ ...
exactly... Oct 5, 2007

...as samehme says.

Colin Brady
Local time: 14:44
SITE STAFF
Home page jobs clarification Oct 8, 2007

Hi samehme, Veronika,

The jobs section in the old design shows you all recent jobs, or jobs in your language pair(s). The new design shows you all jobs, or jobs that match the search settings you have on this page:

http://www.proz.com/job

This is the same way the KudoZ section on the home page works in both designs. I have added some text that explicitly explains this.

Sorry for the confusion!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Jobs with my languages don't show

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search