For matters related to payments, access to training sessions and technical issues, please submit a support request for faster assistance.
OCR conversion/digitalization with FineReader

This discussion belongs to ProZ.com training » "OCR conversion/digitalization with FineReader".
You can see the ProZ.com training page and participate in this discussion from there.

Susan Welsh  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:41
Member (2008)
Russian to English
+ ...
video on changing text orientation Jul 30, 2011

I can't see how this changed anything. It looked the same in the right window at the end as it did close to the beginning (as soon as it showed there at all). I assumed that the idea was to stack the letters vertically:
s
t
a
r
t

like that.

What am I missing?

Yours,
Susan

Direct link Reply with quote

Susan Welsh  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:41
Member (2008)
Russian to English
+ ...
What about the order of processing? Jul 30, 2011

I recently bought ABBYY Finereader 10, and one of the functionalities is to number the sections in the order in which they are to be processed. This option is hidden by default. I can't make out what difference it makes to the user what order they are processed in.

I have a document that I was using for testing, to which this question may apply. It has a rather complex table, which I finally learned how to fix up. Under the table, at the bottom of the page, is a space for signatures by parties to a contract, with a line for each signature, their typed names, their signatures ("pictures") and notarization-type seals. It's this stuff at the bottom that I haven't been able to fix. The signatures, etc., either get stuck under or over the table, or under or over each other. I tried to fix them, but the result was that the stuff at the bottom was thrown up to the TOP of the document.

I took your tutorial because I hoped it would help me solve this problem, but I'm afraid it hasn't.

Yours,
Susan

[Edited at 2011-07-30 18:03 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Helen Shepelenko[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

OCR conversion/digitalization with FineReader

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search