For matters related to payments, access to training sessions and technical issues, please submit a support request for faster assistance.
Free Webinar - Fluency Translation Suite - Make the move

This discussion belongs to ProZ.com training » "Free Webinar - Fluency Translation Suite - Make the move".
You can see the ProZ.com training page and participate in this discussion from there.

olivia abreu  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:13
English to Spanish
+ ...
it's awesome but... Feb 15, 2012

i was part of the last free webminar about fluency and i have to recognize it' awesome, but when i tried to downloaded for start using the free trial, it start reporting some error messages in relating to the installation; i did it like 3 time( install- uninstall) and the same thing happened all the time........so.........why it can not be download without errors???

Andrew Anderson
United States
Local time: 17:13
Installation Support Feb 16, 2012

Oarenya,

I'm sorry that you have had issues installing - if you could send our support staff an email at support@westernstandard.com we can hopefully get this resolved for you ASAP.

Fluency Support

Mary Roberts  Identity Verified
German to English
+ ...
Took last free webinar Feb 21, 2012

Hello there,

I took intro to Fluency about 1 month ago. It seems that this is a great program. It was stated during the webinar that Fluency wants to make this program available to ProZ members with some sort of discount purchase options. Any news about this yet?

Thank you.

Drew MacFadyen
SITE STAFF
TGB coming soon...special offers to attendees Feb 22, 2012

We had made a special offer via direct mail for a discount on Fluency. The message was sent last week...but you may not have that option turned on. To be sure that you receive emails liks that you can update your email settings at http://www.proz.com/?sp=profile&sp_mode=settings and then select email settings and "other"

There will likely be a Fluency TGB in the coming month - check http://www.proz.com/tgb and/or make sure your notification settings permit being notified when new TGB's are available.

Lastly, we will likely make a discount offer to all those that register for the Fluency free webinar. So you may wish to register, even if you do not attend, that way you will receive the discount offer for registrants.

Regards,

Drew

Renata von Koerber  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:13
Member (2011)
English to German
+ ...
I took an earliear webinar, and bought Fluency Feb 22, 2012

I really like working with this tool, the two main reasons are that most aspects of a good CAT tool are covered, but what I like best is the great User Interface and the intuitive handling of all functions. AND if I do not know how something works and do not find it in the (well-organized) handbook, I get excellent advice from the service team.
Best investment in a long time!
I book the session now for my trainee, as I got an excellent deal for a second licence.

Drew MacFadyen
SITE STAFF
25% off Fluency special offer for ProZ.com Feb 22, 2012

I received permission from the makers of Fluency to post the coupon code and instructions on how ProZ.com users can save 25% on Fluency.

Simply visit http://www.westernstandard.com/Cart/Purchase.aspx and select the product you want, check out and enter coupon code "ProZ.com"

Thanks everyone for your interest in Fluency...glad to see that there are some satisfied customers (thanks Renata).

Regards,

Drew

Mary Roberts  Identity Verified
German to English
+ ...
Discount Feb 22, 2012

Hi Drew,

thank you so much. This discount is great. I was just wondering if I am translator EnglishGerman should I get option "one Language pair" ? This might be a silly question but I just wanted to be sure.

Thanks,
Mary

Andrew Anderson
United States
Language Pairs Feb 23, 2012

Mary,

With any version of Fluency you can translate any language pair. The "one language pair" distinction is because Fluency includes glossaries/terminology as well. I hope this helps.

Fluency Support

Drew MacFadyen
SITE STAFF
More clarification Feb 23, 2012

Just so there is no confusion a language pair enables a user to translate in both directions. If you chose French/English you could work English>French and also French>English.

Hope this helps. See you on the webinar.

Drew

Roland Nienerza  Identity Verified

Local time: 01:13
English to German
+ ...
This is indeed very unclear - Feb 24, 2012

Drew MacFadyen wrote:

Just so there is no confusion a language pair enables a user to translate in both directions. If you chose French/English you could work English>French and also French>English.

Hope this helps. See you on the webinar.

Drew

So, this "one language pair" etc. distinction does not mean "to translate one language pair" etc. but "to translate one language pair bidirectional" - correct?

But as at the same time it is said that "all ISO languages" are supported, how does the system know, like or dislike which combinations in which direction a user is working in?

The explanations about this are completely unclear. There should be an asterix to all those "one language" etc. mentions and a clear telling what they mean.

Roland Nienerza

Drew MacFadyen
SITE STAFF
glossaries and dictionaries Feb 24, 2012

The software could work with all ISO languages - you have to pick one pair and the software then comes with that pairs appropriate language support - dictionaries, etc. The translation memory component would only permit you to use one pair (bidirectionally).

I will ask Fluency staff to further clarify.

Drew

Andrew Anderson
United States
Language pairs Feb 24, 2012

Let me try clarifying again. Regardless of the number of language pairs you purchase, you can use Fluency to translate any language pair. So if you purchase English > French, you can still use Fluency to translate English > Spanish or any other language pair. The only difference is that the language resources (glossaries/terminology) included in Fluency will not be available for the English> Spanish translation. TM and user/client terminology handling will not be affected.

The reasons to purchase the additional language pairs would be to have the additional language resources provided by Fluency - but you will not be limited in your ability to use the software for any language pair regardless of whether you have purchased the built-in glossaries/terminology available. Language resources provided by Fluency are bidirectional - so if you purchase English > Spanish, the resources will be available for Spanish > English as well.

Please contact our support or sales staff if any of this is unclear - support@westernstandard.com or sales@westernstandard.com

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Helen Shepelenko[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Free Webinar - Fluency Translation Suite - Make the move

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search