For matters related to payments, access to training sessions and technical issues, please submit a support request for faster assistance.
Applying for a Job Posting – How can I get more positive replies?

This discussion belongs to ProZ.com training » "Applying for a Job Posting – How can I get more positive replies?".
You can see the ProZ.com training page and participate in this discussion from there.


Elizabeth Best
United States
Local time: 20:42
Member (2013)
Portuguese to English
+ ...
can't connect Oct 10, 2013

Hi- I didn't receive my invitation to connect via email, and so I am unable to attend. Will I be able to attend later? (I paid by credit card.) Thanks!

[Edited at 2013-10-10 16:30 GMT]


Direct link Reply with quote
 

P. PARTEN
United States
Local time: 19:42
Spanish to English
+ ...
You paid to participate. I was late. How much was it? Oct 10, 2013

I will definitely try to attend these more frequently. I was looking for the price, but since I am so late, there is no info (that I can see) regarding prices. Can you please help me?

Direct link Reply with quote
 

Irene Koukia  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:42
Member (2008)
German to Greek
+ ...
can't connect Oct 10, 2013

Elizabeth Best wrote:

Hi- I didn't receive my invitation to connect via email, and so I am unable to attend. Will I be able to attend later? (I paid by credit card.) Thanks!

[Edited at 2013-10-10 16:30 GMT]


Hi Elisabeth,

I hope you managed to connect. If not, you will receive the recording and the Presentation in order to watch them at your own pace. Please feel to ask if any questions come up.

Best regards,
Irene


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Irene Koukia  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:42
Member (2008)
German to Greek
+ ...
You paid to participate. I was late. How much was it? Oct 10, 2013

P. PARTEN wrote:

I will definitely try to attend these more frequently. I was looking for the price, but since I am so late, there is no info (that I can see) regarding prices. Can you please help me?


hello,

thanks for your message.

You will most probably have the opportunity to purchase the Video recording in the next weeks or attend one of the re-runs that will be planed for 2014.

Best regards,
Irene


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Josephine Cassar  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:42
Member (2012)
Italian to English
+ ...
Message Oct 10, 2013

Message about webinar arrived too late, long past 3pm, so I did not see message/email. You usually send email before

Direct link Reply with quote
 

Alessandro Bartolini  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:42
English to Italian
+ ...
Cover Letter and Resume Oct 13, 2013

Dear Irene,

Thank you for your very good presentation, which I just finished watching. Unfortunately I was not able to attend the webinar online, so I am going to ask you a couple of questions now:

1) You talked in general terms about cover letters, but I would appreciate if you could be more practical, i.e. if you could be more specific on length, level of depth etc. I for instance usually limit my cover letter to two, max. three relatively short paragraphs, followed possibly by my rates (if required by the outsourcer), but I am open to different approaches.

2) What kind of resume format would you recommend? A two-page, European-style CV? Or a one-page US resume? I am currently using the Europass format. To be honest, I don't like it, but it is increasingly used within the EU.

Best regards,

Alessandro


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Irene Koukia  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:42
Member (2008)
German to Greek
+ ...
Cover Letter and Resume Oct 14, 2013

Alessandro Bartolini wrote:

Dear Irene,

Thank you for your very good presentation, which I just finished watching. Unfortunately I was not able to attend the webinar online, so I am going to ask you a couple of questions now:

1) You talked in general terms about cover letters, but I would appreciate if you could be more practical, i.e. if you could be more specific on length, level of depth etc. I for instance usually limit my cover letter to two, max. three relatively short paragraphs, followed possibly by my rates (if required by the outsourcer), but I am open to different approaches.

2) What kind of resume format would you recommend? A two-page, European-style CV? Or a one-page US resume? I am currently using the Europass format. To be honest, I don't like it, but it is increasingly used within the EU.

Best regards,

Alessandro


Ciao Alessandro,

I agree with you that the cover letter should be concise, explaining why you are the perfect candidate for the job and highlighting the most important qualifications that support this. Two to three small paragraphs would be more than enough.

Concerning your CV, that has to do with the information you have to display. If it fits onto one page that is fine, otherwise you will need two to three pages if you also include a project history or other important features, such as CAT-Tools. You may take a look at my profile on-line and download a CV in order to get an idea of what I mean. Both options, US and EU, are perfect but you need to take into account the volume of information you need to communicate. Personally, I think it will not fit into one page.

Hope that my response covers your questions. Please feel free to ask if you come across any difficulty.

Best regards,
Irene


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Helen Shepelenko[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Applying for a Job Posting – How can I get more positive replies?

Advanced search






TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search