For matters related to payments, access to training sessions and technical issues, please submit a support request for faster assistance.
Exchanging data among CAT-Tools

This discussion belongs to ProZ.com training » "Exchanging data among CAT-Tools".
You can see the ProZ.com training page and participate in this discussion from there.


Silvia Bartelloni  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 22:28
English to Italian
+ ...
CAT-tools required to register Feb 4, 2014

Hi Irene,

This course sounds really interesting to me. Anyway, in order to apply to this course, do I need to have all these CAT-tools installed on my PC, and know how to run each of them? I usually work with SDL trados only.

Thank you for your kind reply.

Silvia


 

Helen Shepelenko
SITE STAFF
CAT-tools required to register Feb 4, 2014

Silvia Bartelloni wrote:

Hi Irene,

This course sounds really interesting to me. Anyway, in order to apply to this course, do I need to have all these CAT-tools installed on my PC, and know how to run each of them? I usually work with SDL trados only.

Thank you for your kind reply.

Silvia



Hi Silvia,

Purchase of software is not necessary to take this training. The software features will be presented via the trainer’s machine. Hope this helps.

My bests,
Helen


 

Elizabeth Best
United States
Local time: 16:28
Member (2013)
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Will these techniques work with Wordfast Classic? Feb 4, 2014

This webinar does indeed look very interesting. Will the techniques taught in this course enable me to convert files from SDL Trados to any version of Wordfast, specifically Wordfast Classic?

 

Helen Shepelenko
SITE STAFF
Will these techniques work with Wordfast Classic? Feb 4, 2014

Elizabeth Best wrote:

This webinar does indeed look very interesting. Will the techniques taught in this course enable me to convert files from SDL Trados to any version of Wordfast, specifically Wordfast Classic?


Hello Elizabeth,

Thank you for your interest in the session. I have made the training plan more visible at the training page. Please find it below:

You will learn what can be imported/exported from one CAT-Tool from/into another, in particular:

• SDL Trados vs. Wordfast
• SDL Trados vs. Across
• SDL Trados vs. MemoQ
• SDL Trados vs. MemSource
• SDL Trados vs. Fluency
• SDL Trados vs. Google Translator Toolkit
• SDL Trados vs. Alchemy Catalyst


Hope this helps.

My bests,
Helen


 

Stephen D. Moore  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:28
Spanish to English
+ ...
A CAT tool not listed Feb 6, 2014

Are the CAT tools which are listed the only ones to which this webinar's content can be applied? (I get that impression.)
I use Deja Vu X2, soon upgrading to X3. Will there be principles included that I can use between Deja Vu and another CAT?
Thanks!


 

Michal Szczygiel  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 22:28
Member (2013)
English to Polish
+ ...
Windows 8 Feb 7, 2014

Hi Irene,

Windows 8 is not listed as a supported operational system. However, recently I have participated in a ProZ.com training with no Windows 8 being listed either, and I succeeded (I use Windows 8). What about this time? I want to sign up, but I use Windows 8. Thanks for any clarifications in advance!

Kind regards,
Michał


 

Michal Szczygiel  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 22:28
Member (2013)
English to Polish
+ ...
Registered and.... (?) Feb 10, 2014

Dear Staff:

I have another problem. I paid for both trainings - on Feb 14 and Feb 18, but it only says I am registered, it does not say I paid.....


 

Helen Shepelenko
SITE STAFF
Registered and.... (?) Feb 11, 2014

Michal Szczygiel wrote:

Dear Staff:

I have another problem. I paid for both trainings - on Feb 14 and Feb 18, but it only says I am registered, it does not say I paid.....


Hello Michal,

From the training page and from your Mt training page, http://www.proz.com/translator-training/my-courses , I see you are marked as "Registered and paid" for the sessions. Please note that it can take up to a working day your payment is processed and training registration upgraded.

Hope this helps.

My bests,
Helen


 

Irene Koukia  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:28
Member (2008)
German to Greek
+ ...
A CAT tool not listed Feb 14, 2014

Stephen D. Moore wrote:

Are the CAT tools which are listed the only ones to which this webinar's content can be applied? (I get that impression.)
I use Deja Vu X2, soon upgrading to X3. Will there be principles included that I can use between Deja Vu and another CAT?
Thanks!


Hi Stephen.

I will look into it and might try to provide you with some information on DejaVu as well. I can't promise but I will definitely take a look!

Best regards,
Irene


 

Shirley Lao  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Member (2007)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Video and presentation charts Feb 25, 2014

Dear All,


I am wondering when the video and the presentation charts will be available for downloading, because I missed this webinar.


Best Regards

Shirley

[Edited at 2014-02-25 11:43 GMT]


 

Helen Shepelenko
SITE STAFF
Video and presentation charts Feb 26, 2014

Shirley Lao wrote:

Dear All,


I am wondering when the video and the presentation charts will be available for downloading, because I missed this webinar.


Best Regards

Shirley

[Edited at 2014-02-25 11:43 GMT]


Hello Shirley,

Thanks for your interest in the training. I have resent a link to materials as requested. Hope this helps.

My bests,
Helen


 

Claudia H. P. Hoogewijs  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 22:28
English to Portuguese
+ ...
video of webinar "exchange data among cat tools" Feb 27, 2014

Hello,
This is exactly my situation too (above message from Shirley). Having registered and paid but missed this webinar, I am not finding the link to watch or download this course. (The link to watch the previous course from same pack with Irene - from February 14, 2014 - is already available). Thanks in advance for all help.
Kind regards,
Claudia Hoogewijs


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Helen Shepelenko[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Exchanging data among CAT-Tools

Advanced search






SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search