Elizabeth Ardans  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 02:40
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Spanish Jul 8, 2007

cristina estanislau wrote:

Shouldn't there be the possibility to choose the best Portuguese/PT and the best Portuguese/BR translation?

I've been wondering exactly the same thing about Spanish (Spain) and Spanish (Latin American)...

Fabio Descalzi
Fabio Descalzi  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Member (2004)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Localization of the contest? Jul 8, 2007

Hi Elizabeth and Cristina
Your views are most valuable if we think about the future of this contest.
Shouldn't there be the possibility to choose the best Portuguese/PT and the best Portuguese/BR translation?

Elizabeth Ardans wrote:
I've been wondering exactly the same thing about Spanish (Spain) and Spanish (Latin American)...

Well... perhaps this deserves being discussed in the respective non-English forums, as Portuguese and Spanish have different distributions worldwide and very specifical issues.

So here comes my proposal: go to the corresponding threads already started by Florencia on the non-English forums:
Spanish - http://www.proz.com/topic/77501
Portuguese - http://www.proz.com/topic/77720

Thanks!

Enrique Cavalitto
Enrique Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
I am for keeping the contest at a language level Jul 9, 2007

Elizabeth Ardans wrote:

This is a difficult issue.

I don't believe that there is a unified Latin American Spanish.
Spanish for Mexico? Spanish for Spanish speakers in the USA? Or for Colombia? Or for Buenos Aires/Montevideo?

I believe that this is an additional issue to be evaluated by voters and another challenge for participants. I am for keeping the contest at a language level.

Regards,
Enrique

Natasha Stoyanova
Natasha Stoyanova  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:40
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Why I didn't see my entry? Jul 11, 2007

Florencia Vita wrote:

Dear member,

For those language pairs with less than 3 entries posters have been given the option of what to do with their entries through an email with a URL provided to make the choices.

Unfortunately, some of them have experienced some difficulties in seeing the options available to them in the link provided, the reason of that was that the HTML text was not interpreted by Internet Explorer.

Now the problem has been fixed, so it should be working for all the browsers including Internet Explorer.

Kind regards,

Florencia

Dear Florencia,

There are 2 entries in RU-BG pair and I accepted to publish my entry, but I see only the one of them.
Is this because the second one is mine, or I'm missing something?

megane_wang
megane_wang  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 06:40
Member (2007)
English to Spanish
+ ...
I think that voting process is a more important issue than geographical considerations Jul 11, 2007

Enrique wrote:

I believe that this is an additional issue to be evaluated by voters and another challenge for participants. I am for keeping the contest at a language level.

I think that geographical divisions do not make too much sense, because "borders" are thin and difficult to define.

But changing the way votes are submitted would make it.

Note that, currently:

- Not all voters vote in both rounds.

- Participants should not be allowed to vote, particularly if a qualifying phase and negative voting is allowed.

- In fact, negative voting should never be allowed unless an objective jury is chosen to evaluate the entries, If a competitor wishes to disqualify a good entry, "no voting at all" does not allow him to cause big damages, but "voting against the others" makes it extremely easy, as far as the number of voters is not so high.

Ruth @ MW

[Edited at 2007-07-11 08:54]

María Florencia Vita
María Florencia Vita
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Your choice in the URL was not made Jul 11, 2007

Dear Florencia,

There are 2 entries in RU-BG pair and I accepted to publish my entry, but I see only the one of them.
Is this because the second one is mine, or I'm missing something?

Dear AmusedNath,

I checked with the developer, Pablo, and your choices were not set in the URL you were given by email.
There is no problem, I will make your entry visible to all and open to receive commnets, all right?

Thanks for writing.

Kind regards,
Florencia

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Third ProZ.com Translation Contest!

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »