Where are the names of the authors of the source texts shown?
Thread poster: Nicoletta F (X)
Nicoletta F (X)
Nicoletta F (X)
Local time: 19:53
English to Italian
Mar 14, 2008

Why authors' names aren't show with texts?
Nicoletta

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-03-17 16:37]

RominaZ
RominaZ  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Information about the Source Texts Mar 14, 2008

Dear Nicoletta F,

The information about the source texts with the authors' names is shown here http://www.proz.com/contests .

The other sub-pages show only the text to be translated.

Regards,

Romina

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:53
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Can't find names, but maybe better without them anyway Mar 15, 2008

The link from RominaZ doesn't take me anywhere I can find names, but should they be published anyway?
This is a competition, which should not be based on thoughts like "I wouldn't vote for that b***** however good he is" or "I'll vote for her, her translation's not very good but I like her and maybe she was just having an off-day", but purely on the merits of the translation itself.

Maria Diaconu
Maria Diaconu  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 20:53
English to Romanian
A little misunderstanding Mar 15, 2008

Jack Doughty wrote:

The link from RominaZ doesn't take me anywhere I can find names, but should they be published anyway?
This is a competition, which should not be based on thoughts like "I wouldn't vote for that b***** however good he is" or "I'll vote for her, her translation's not very good but I like her and maybe she was just having an off-day", but purely on the merits of the translation itself.

Of course you are right. The question however referred to the authors of the texts to be translated and not to the authors of the translations.

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:53
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Sorry for misunderstanding. Mar 15, 2008

Yes, sorry, I should have realized that if I had read the previous posts more carefully.

Nicoletta F (X)
Nicoletta F (X)
Local time: 19:53
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Mar 15, 2008

Thanks Romina and Maria, no problem Jack! Talking about mistakes, I wrote 'show' instead of 'shown'...

Have a nice weekend!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Where are the names of the authors of the source texts shown?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »