New design goes live
Thread poster: Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 19:53
SITE STAFF
Jun 11, 2003

The new design has gone live. All members will find that the new design is their default view of ProZ.com. If you absolutely can't stand the change, you can switch back to the old design by clicking "revert to old design" in the upper left of any page. Please note that the old design will no longer be supported--new features will not be added to the navigation in the old design, and support staff will assume that you are using the new design when you submit a support request.

Ple
... See more
The new design has gone live. All members will find that the new design is their default view of ProZ.com. If you absolutely can't stand the change, you can switch back to the old design by clicking "revert to old design" in the upper left of any page. Please note that the old design will no longer be supported--new features will not be added to the navigation in the old design, and support staff will assume that you are using the new design when you submit a support request.

Please post any comments related to the design change in this thread. I welcome your feedback.

Regards,

jg
Collapse

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
One question, Jason Jun 11, 2003

First, thanks for all your efforts. I hope everybody is going to get used to it quickly.

I asked in the suggestion forum, but I ask you here again, would it be possible to have in the upper menu the list of the forums, to go to a forum directly to another without going to the page "Forums"?

If they are too numerous, would it be possible to program just our 3 or 4 favorites?

If it's not possible it doesn't matter.

Kevin Fulton
Kevin Fulton  Identity Verified
United States
German to English
I liked the navigation bar on the left side Jun 12, 2003

I certainly appreciate the work you've put into redesigning the site, and many features are much easier to read. However, I enter the site through the Kudoz German>English questions and hate to have to switch to the old design, then scout around for the forums.

On the other hand, no good deed goes unpunished, and doubtless people will complain about everything.
Cheers, Kevin

Katherine Zei
Katherine Zei  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 18:53
Italian to English
+ ...
FANTASTICO! Jun 12, 2003

I really like the new design: it's much more intuitive and easier to navigate.

I like the smaller bar on the left side, and the pulldown mouseovers on the top bar.

MUCH BETTER. Thanks a lot.

I am now considering "going platinum". No promises though.

Grazie mille,
Katy

smorales30
smorales30  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:53
English to Spanish
+ ...
Preferred the old one... Jun 12, 2003

Just an opinion...but don't like the new design much...Not sure why it was changed...
But oh well...

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Forum drop down list available on view forum and topic pages Jun 12, 2003

Claudia,

The drop down navigation menu only goes two levels deep--a major section, and major subsections. The list of forums is really conceptually a third level down: Community->Forums->Individual forums. ProZ.com just has too much content to put everything on the top navigation bar.

However, I understand your desire to have easier access to individual forums. I've restored the forum select list to every view forum and view topic page. I hope that helps address you
... See more
Claudia,

The drop down navigation menu only goes two levels deep--a major section, and major subsections. The list of forums is really conceptually a third level down: Community->Forums->Individual forums. ProZ.com just has too much content to put everything on the top navigation bar.

However, I understand your desire to have easier access to individual forums. I've restored the forum select list to every view forum and view topic page. I hope that helps address your concern.

Regards,

jg
Collapse

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Thanks, thanks, thanks! Jun 12, 2003

I couldn't see it, now I do, it's perfect, thank you very much.

[Edited at 2003-06-12 22:10]

Jonathan Widell
Jonathan Widell  Identity Verified
Canada
Member (2003)
English to Finnish
+ ...
Old / new design problems Jun 14, 2003

I reverted to the old design at some point. Now even when I am using the old design and click on "see more questions" (i.e. KudoZ points) I get to see the questions in the old design mode (maybe there were posed using the old design). In general, when I am surfing the site using the new design, the site throws me back to the old design whenever it has the opportunity. I don't like this at all.

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Bug in design toggle fixed Jun 14, 2003

Chief,

I think I've fixed the problem that allowed your design view to keep toggling without your intending it to. Let me know if the problem persists.

Regards,

jg

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:53
English to German
+ ...
Another problem solved? Jun 14, 2003

Hi Jason,
Would this also solve the problem described in www.proz.com/topic/11824?

Best, Ralf

Dr. Sahib Bleher
Dr. Sahib Bleher  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:53
Member (2006)
English to German
+ ...
Browser incompatibility Jun 14, 2003

The new designs works fine for me in Netscape, but in IE6.0 the width of the page exceeds that of my monitor, so I end up with side and bottom scroll bars, making browsing extremely difficult.

Paula Vaz-Carreiro
Paula Vaz-Carreiro  Identity Verified
Portuguese
+ ...
New design is a real improment Jul 28, 2003

I have nothing but nice things to say about the new design. Thanks very much. I am considering going Platinum because I think this site is fantastic.

If it is any use for you to know, I am an Mac user whose current favourite browser is Camino 0.7 where the site works beautifully.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New design goes live

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »