Please avoid duplicating previous KudoZ answers
Thread poster: eurotransl (X)
eurotransl (X)
eurotransl (X)
German to English
+ ...
Jun 24, 2001

Again and again, some people engage in a practice that I believe to be unfair both to the asker and the answerer of KudoZ questions; I am talking about those people that repeat the previous answerer(s)\'s answer.

I think, unless you have something really new and different to add, you should refrain from posting the same answer again.

If your comment is not very different from the previous member\'s answer, you should take advantage of the new grade sect
... See more
Again and again, some people engage in a practice that I believe to be unfair both to the asker and the answerer of KudoZ questions; I am talking about those people that repeat the previous answerer(s)\'s answer.

I think, unless you have something really new and different to add, you should refrain from posting the same answer again.

If your comment is not very different from the previous member\'s answer, you should take advantage of the new grade section, click on \"agree\" or \"disagree\" and state under \"comment\" what it is that you would change. Otherwise, if you have new information, then go ahead and post a new answer.

Just a thought (for the purpose of bringing more civility and professionalism to the KudoZ forum). Thank you.
Collapse

Alaa Zeineldine
Alaa Zeineldine  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 10:00
Member (2002)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Jun 26, 2001

I agree with the comment about repetition. In some cases however, two people may be editing their answers simultaneously, then one answer is submitted several minutes before the other. This is known in software as a race condition.

The way to tell whether someone merely duplicated a previous answer, or submitted a similar one in parallel is by looking at the answer time below the answerer\'s name. However, the time is only marked on the first day, following that only the dat
... See more
I agree with the comment about repetition. In some cases however, two people may be editing their answers simultaneously, then one answer is submitted several minutes before the other. This is known in software as a race condition.

The way to tell whether someone merely duplicated a previous answer, or submitted a similar one in parallel is by looking at the answer time below the answerer\'s name. However, the time is only marked on the first day, following that only the date appears.

I suggest that the time should always appear next to the date to help distinguish unintential repitition from plagiary.
Collapse

Nikki Graham
Nikki Graham  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:00
Spanish to English
Sep 28, 2001

Totally agree with both postings, having been a victim of this lack of \"ProZiquette\". Showing the time would be a good idea, I have often looked for a time, but it\'s not there. Also, I usually check the question before answering (and if someone has got there before me, agree with them, but if I have something to add, post a new answer, stating clearly that I agree with the previous -implying that I should NOT be chosen- and add what I\'ve found during my search, which I consider useful) and a... See more
Totally agree with both postings, having been a victim of this lack of \"ProZiquette\". Showing the time would be a good idea, I have often looked for a time, but it\'s not there. Also, I usually check the question before answering (and if someone has got there before me, agree with them, but if I have something to add, post a new answer, stating clearly that I agree with the previous -implying that I should NOT be chosen- and add what I\'ve found during my search, which I consider useful) and after answering, and if someone has got there before me, I agree and explain what has happened (answered at same time, etc.). I also usually check up on questions I answer to see what other people have put, and if I then think that a new answer is better than mine, say so, and vice versa. This checking-up is mainly because what I\'m most interested in is the correct answer, even if it isn\'t mine out of professional interest.Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Please avoid duplicating previous KudoZ answers

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »