Thread poster: Jon Peck
HankHill
HankHill
United States
Local time: 07:01
Japanese to English
+ ...
Can't fulfill all requirements... Jan 13, 2009

For some reason, the required section of my profile is reading "Required - (9/10)", no matter what I do. I click it and it shows Personal File information, so I click it and look, and there's a whole box over the Personal Information. I've filled out everything there though, and there's not possibly anything I can imagine I'm doing wrong. Why is it stuck on being red as if I haven't filled it all out?

Hopefully someone here can help. Thank you...
See more
For some reason, the required section of my profile is reading "Required - (9/10)", no matter what I do. I click it and it shows Personal File information, so I click it and look, and there's a whole box over the Personal Information. I've filled out everything there though, and there's not possibly anything I can imagine I'm doing wrong. Why is it stuck on being red as if I haven't filled it all out?

Hopefully someone here can help. Thank you
Collapse

Jon Peck
Jon Peck  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:01
English
TOPIC STARTER
Showing Required (10/10) Jan 13, 2009

Fredrick Banks wrote:

Fredrick,

First, congratulations on your first post! I checked your profile, and currently it's showing 10/10. There was a minor bug that has been resolved that may have contributed to the issue; if you're still experiencing it, please let me know.

Best regards,
Jon Peck
ProZ.com Staff

Nora Ferrer
Nora Ferrer
Argentina
Local time: 11:01
English to Spanish
+ ...
Can't add sample translations Jan 13, 2009

Nora Ferrer wrote:

Vilma Alvarado wrote:

Hi!
I have tried to add a sample translation and the pointer to start typing does not show in order to start...the "Add Translation" botton shows dimmed.... editing does not work for me either...I am using Firefox.

Hi! I seem to have the same problem as Vilma. I've read that the "I choose not to enter..." box needs to be unchecked, but I seem unable to do so. Could you help me please?
Thank you so much!

[Edited at 2009-01-09 17:23 GMT]

Hi! I posted this some days ago, but I still haven't been able to solve it. For some reason, I cannot uncheck the "I choose not to enter..." box. I've read that the staff members can do that. Could you please help me? Thanks a lot!!

Nora Ferrer
Nora Ferrer
Argentina
Local time: 11:01
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thanks a million Jan 13, 2009

Thanks for fixing the problem!

HankHill
HankHill
United States
Local time: 07:01
Japanese to English
+ ...
Thanks! Jan 13, 2009

Jon Peck wrote:

Fredrick Banks wrote:

Fredrick,

First, congratulations on your first post! I checked your profile, and currently it's showing 10/10. There was a minor bug that has been resolved that may have contributed to the issue; if you're still experiencing it, please let me know.

Best regards,
Jon Peck
ProZ.com Staff

Yes, it's now fixed. I don't know why you saw it as 10 when you went as it's always 9 for me. Whatever you did though, it works now. Thanks a lot! I really appreciate it!

wgj_china
wgj_china
English to Chinese
Today is my first day! Jan 14, 2009

A new world for me !

Radu DANAILA
Radu DANAILA  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 17:01
Member (2008)
French to Romanian
+ ...
Problems in updating the company profile Jan 14, 2009

Jon Peck wrote:

Dear ProZ.com,

To address a number of usability and quality issues, the profile updater has been revised. If you are able to take a few moments to visit the profile updater and provide feedback, it will be appreciated.

http://www.proz.com/quick_profile

The display format of the profile itself was not changed as part of this project. The next phase will be to consolidate and transition both fields and settings not found in the current profile updater.

If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please let me know.

Thank you for supporting the site!

Best regards,
Jon Peck
ProZ.com Developer Coordinator

---

More detailed implementation notes:

The updater now utilizes the layout and data management techniques developed in the company profile updater. While the layout and structure have changed, the individual interfaces should be familiar. Similar profile fields have been logically grouped together. There is an interactive list of required and encouraged profile fields that allows you to jump directly to the field to be updated (entered or opted-out).

Changes to existing profile fields (such as rates) are out of the scope of this project; once the transition is complete, the system will be ready for new features.

Hello, Jon,

It seems I have some difficulties in inserting new information in my company profile:
- after writing a new company description, when pressing the "Save and update profile" button, nothing remains
- when chosing the business languages, I select all 3 of them but when pressing the "Add" button nothing passes from one side to the other.

Might it be because I am defined as freelancer and outsourcer?
Or is it for another reason?

I would very much appreciate your help.
Thanks in advance,
Radu DANAILA

[Edited at 2009-01-14 08:30 GMT]

[Edited at 2009-01-14 08:31 GMT]

Linda Henson
Linda Henson  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:01
Member (2008)
German to English
+ ...
Profile: Minimum and target rates Jan 16, 2009

Hi Jon,

I think there might be a mixup about minimum vs target rates; at least I am confused. Logically, I think minimum should be lower than target rates. However, the examples below the rate boxes show a higher number first. Also, when I entered rates under that assumption, the profile page showed "minimum 10, encouraged 5" - which I think is backwards. For now, I just deleted my rates. Thanks. I hope I can add them back before 3 months have passed.

Joëlle Bouille
Joëlle Bouille  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 16:01
English to French
+ ...
Problem adding/updating software & CAT tools in Profile Jan 17, 2009

Hi everyone,

Prob #1: When trying to add unlisted software/CAT Tools, only the first word is stored. So if I type "Multiling Fortis", only "Multiling" appears.

Prob #2: One has to save Profile before the input box for unlisted software actually displays. And once you save what you typed, the input box disappears again and you have to save Profile again to get the input box back and add another software.

amit kumar
amit kumar
Local time: 17:01
English to French
production work Jan 28, 2009

hi to all of u

carol ermakova
carol ermakova  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:01
Russian to English
+ ...
uploading my cv Jan 30, 2009

hi, I'm a new ProZ memeber and am having some teething trouble. Eg I get an error message when Itry to uplaod my cv. Any tips??
Also what are BrowniZ and what can I do with them?

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
This will be passed to internal development Jan 30, 2009

Hello Joelle,

Joelle Bouille wrote:

Hi everyone,

Prob #1: When trying to add unlisted software/CAT Tools, only the first word is stored. So if I type "Multiling Fortis", only "Multiling" appears.

Prob #2: One has to save Profile before the input box for unlisted software actually displays. And once you save what you typed, the input box disappears again and you have to save Profile again to get the input box back and add another software.

I tested this and apparently you're right. Only the first word of a compound entered in the 'Add CAT tool / software not listed' section of the Profile updater is recognized and displayed in the 'Software' section of profiles. Also, it seems to be required to click on 'Save and update' profile to be able to see the list of CAT tools entered. I will ask our developers to have a look at this.

Thanks in advance for your patience and for bringing this to our attention.

Kind regards,

Lucia

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Which is the error message? Jan 30, 2009

Hello Carol!

Welcome to ProZ.com!

carol ermakova worote:

hi, I'm a new ProZ.com memeber and am having some teething trouble. Eg I get an error message when Itry to uplaod my cv. Any tips??

Could you please specify the error message you receive when trying to upload your CV to your profile? This will help me look into this further.

Also what are BrowniZ and what can I do with them?

Note that Browniz are points earned by contributing something to the community or the site, such as site translations, introduction of new members, organization or attendance of powwows, etc.

They are a measure of 'helpfulness' or 'activity level', as opposed to KudoZ points, which relate to 'expertise'.

You will be able to find more information about BrowniZ here:

http://www.proz.com/faq/community.html#browniz_points

Hope this helps!

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Lucia

carol ermakova
carol ermakova  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:01
Russian to English
+ ...
cv error message Jan 31, 2009

[quote]Lucia Leszinsky wrote:

Hello Carol!

Welcome to ProZ.com!

carol ermakova worote:

hi, I'm a new ProZ.com member and am having some teething trouble. Eg I get an error message when I try to upload my cv. Any tips??

Could you please specify the error message you receive when trying to upload your CV to your profile? This will help me look into this further.

Hi Lucia
the error message is:

error
cv/resume warning not acknowledged

Any help much appreciated!

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Have you checked file format and size? Jan 31, 2009

Hi Carol,

The error message you specify may be related to the size and/or format of your CV. Have you you checked your CV file is in .txt, .pdf, .doc, .docx, or .rtf format, and is no larger than 250 KB?

If, after making sure the file you are trying to upload meets the conditions specified above, you still cannot upload yo
... See more
Hi Carol,

The error message you specify may be related to the size and/or format of your CV. Have you you checked your CV file is in .txt, .pdf, .doc, .docx, or .rtf format, and is no larger than 250 KB?

If, after making sure the file you are trying to upload meets the conditions specified above, you still cannot upload your CV, please submit a support request, http://www.proz.com/support , and attach there your CV file so that I try to upload it for you.

Remember to specify the visibility permission you want to set for your CV (Show to: everyone, logged-in user, paying members or no one).

Hope this helps!

Please let me know how it goes.

Bests,

Lucia
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Profile updater revised to address usability and quality issues

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »