Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10] >
Profile updater revised to address usability and quality issues
Thread poster: Jon Peck
Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Try saving applied changes one by one and submit a support request if the problem persists May 6, 2009

Hi viva and Svetlana,

viva la muerte wrote:
Hi,
I am trying to add some new information to my profile but everytime i click on save , there is no change in my profile. Why?

Could you please submit a Support request and specify the areas of your profile you are trying to update, the information you are trying to enter and your browser type and version? This will help me look into this further.

Svetlana Nash wrote:
Hi!

Same question as before - trying to edit my Software section, press Save but I can't see the changes I made. Am I missing something here?

Thanks

To edit the Software section of your profile, go to your Profile Updater and select one or more software / CAT tools that you can support from the menu to the right and click on Add so that they are added to the list to the left. Once added, click on the Save and update profile button.

Note that you can also add a CAT tool / software not listed in the menu by entering the software name in the free text area and clicking on Add. Remember to click on the Save and update profile button after this step too.

Please try this and submit a Support request if the problem persists. Make sure you specify the CAT tool / software you are trying to add/remove and your browser type and version so that I can look into this further.

Hope this helps.

Please let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Lucia

Andrea Maia do Prado
Andrea Maia do Prado
Brazil
Local time: 02:51
English to Portuguese
Easy going May 29, 2009

I am new at proz and didn´t know the version before, but I like this one and think that is easy to do with.
Congratulations to all that make this site work

Jon Peck
Jon Peck  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:51
English
TOPIC STARTER
Welcome to the site! May 29, 2009

Andrea Maia Beckner wrote:

I am new at proz and didn´t know the version before, but I like this one and think that is easy to do with.
Congratulations to all that make this site work
Dear Andrea,

Welcome to ProZ.com, and congratulations on your first post! Thank you for your kind words; I shall pass them on to the other developers.

Best regards,
Jon Peck
ProZ.com Development Manager

Tonia Wind
Tonia Wind
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:51
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Looks great... Jun 1, 2009

I think that the new profile updater is easier to use and more streamlined. I have experienced a couple of problems using it, though.

One thing I had trouble doing was trying to change areas listed under the "specialty fields" section. It took me a number of tries to add/remove choices as when I would remove a choice from the specialty field section, it wouldn't appear again in the main specialty fields list of desired fields (for me to be able to choose to include in my working fie
... See more
I think that the new profile updater is easier to use and more streamlined. I have experienced a couple of problems using it, though.

One thing I had trouble doing was trying to change areas listed under the "specialty fields" section. It took me a number of tries to add/remove choices as when I would remove a choice from the specialty field section, it wouldn't appear again in the main specialty fields list of desired fields (for me to be able to choose to include in my working field).

Another section I had a couple of problems with is in the "rates" section. I kept putting in a per-word rate for one of my language combinations, it would say that it had saved the rate, but then a different rate would appear in my profile. Quite bizarre!

Other than these two technical issues, I was impressed with the new profiler. Great job!
Collapse

Alan Thwaits, PhD (X)
Alan Thwaits, PhD (X)
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
cannot update Jun 18, 2009

I tried to update my profile, clicked the update button, but even after repeated tries, the system still reverted back to my original information. What is wrong?

Alan Thwaits

Eliana Decarolis (X)
Eliana Decarolis (X)
Switzerland
Local time: 07:51
English to Italian
+ ...
Uploading problems Jun 25, 2009

Hi, I cannot upload my photo or logo on my profile. It does not finish the uploading step and the result is that the upload fails. How can I solve this difficulty?

Thank you so much,
Eliana

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
SITE STAFF
Attach the file to a support request Jun 25, 2009

Hello Eliana,

Please use a support request to get help on this. If you attach the image(s) to your support request, staff will be able to upload it for you and detect any possible problems. Thanks.

Best regards,

Jared

Andrea Quintana
Andrea Quintana  Identity Verified
Argentina
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Map Location Bug? Aug 6, 2009

Since yesterday, my profile contact section appears as incomplete due to the map location feature not working. I adjusted the coordinates in case that was the problem, but no. Today I clicked on "delete" so as to clear the field and upload the map again, but I can't find an option/button that allows me to do so. Therefore, my profile shows 9/10 required fields. How can I solve this?

Many thanks in advance.

Andrea

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Map location successfully entered Aug 6, 2009

Hi all,

Andrea Quintana wrote:

Since yesterday, my profile contact section appears as incomplete due to the map location feature not working. I adjusted the coordinates in case that was the problem, but no. Today I clicked on "delete" so as to clear the field and upload the map again, but I can't find an option/button that allows me to do so. Therefore, my profile shows 9/10 required fields. How can I solve this?

Maps in profiles seem to be working fine. I re-entered your location in the map for you, Andrea, and now your profile is 100% complete.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Lucia

Andrea Quintana
Andrea Quintana  Identity Verified
Argentina
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thanks, Lucia! Aug 6, 2009

Andrea

Albert Silver
Albert Silver  Identity Verified
Brazil
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Map not updating Aug 11, 2009

Lucia Leszinsky wrote:

Hi all,

Andrea Quintana wrote:

Maps in profiles seem to be working fine. I re-entered your location in the map for you, Andrea, and now your profile is 100% complete.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Lucia

Hi,

I'm having the same problem with updating the Map. No matter what I do, it shows the Map as requiring updating. Can you help?

Albert

nina2000
nina2000
United States
Arabic to English
how can i post my resume? Aug 12, 2009

how can i post my resume?

Translatorin
Translatorin
Germany
Local time: 07:51
German to English
Experiencing a Technical Problem - Map Aug 12, 2009

Thanks alot for the quick profile updater. Does anyone else have a problem updating the map locator? Although I have set the Map & saved my changes, they haven't been made available on my profile. I'd appreciate your support. Thanks!

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Maps set correctly and showing in profiles Aug 19, 2009

Hi all,

I apologize for the delay in my reply.

Albert Silver wrote:

Hi,

I'm having the same problem with updating the Map. No matter what I do, it shows the Map as requiring updating. Can you help?

Albert

G.L.T. Global Language Translations wrote:

Experiencing a Technical Problem - Map Aug 12

Thanks alot for the quick profile updater. Does anyone else have a problem updating the map locator? Although I have set the Map & saved my changes, they haven't been made available on my profile. I'd appreciate your support. Thanks!

I see that location in your maps is set correctly and that the map section of your profiles is now complete and showing as part of your profiles' information.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Lucia

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Profile updater revised to address usability and quality issues

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »