Thank you to ProZ.com site moderators, stepping down today
Thread poster: Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 16:22
SITE STAFF
Aug 3, 2009

Dear members,

The new moderator class of 2009-2010 will be announced later today. Before this happens, I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you to the moderators who have been serving the site until today. These people have worked hard and spent a great deal of their time and energy here on the site, and have helped to shape the moderator program (among other areas) and pave the way to the class of 2009-2010. Some have helped improve the jobs area, the Blue Board, Kudo
... See more
Dear members,

The new moderator class of 2009-2010 will be announced later today. Before this happens, I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you to the moderators who have been serving the site until today. These people have worked hard and spent a great deal of their time and energy here on the site, and have helped to shape the moderator program (among other areas) and pave the way to the class of 2009-2010. Some have helped improve the jobs area, the Blue Board, KudoZ, and other site features members use on a daily basis. All of them have had a hand in helping out in the forums and KudoZ, and in maintaining a positive, results-oriented atmosphere on the site.

What follows below is a list of moderators who are stepping down today. Some of them are returning with the moderator class of 2009-2010. Whether they are on this list, or whether they left the moderator team before now, I encourage site members to contact a moderator today who has assisted them in the past to say "thanks".

Collapse

Enrique Cavalitto
Enrique Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 16:22
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
A big thank-you message Aug 3, 2009

I look at this list and a lot of old memories come back to my mind.

I became a moderator in early 2002 and I had the pleasure of interacting with most members in this list and with many others who left the moderatorship before.

It is hard to make reference to individual names without committing a sin of omission. I worked closely with some of these moderators and some of them I consider personal friends.

Some of these moderators served as such for long yea
... See more
I look at this list and a lot of old memories come back to my mind.

I became a moderator in early 2002 and I had the pleasure of interacting with most members in this list and with many others who left the moderatorship before.

It is hard to make reference to individual names without committing a sin of omission. I worked closely with some of these moderators and some of them I consider personal friends.

Some of these moderators served as such for long years, some will be coming back with the class of 2009-2010 (or with any of the subsequent classes).

But at this moment all of them (those in the list above and many who left before) have this in common: they deserve the gratefulness of the community for their selfless efforts as moderators, and they can look back to their moderator years with the satisfaction of a job well done.

Thank you!
Enrique
Collapse

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 15:22
SITE FOUNDER
Thank you and good luck to a remarkable group Aug 3, 2009

Hi all,

Looking down the list, I am once again struck by the caliber of the people who choose to give of their time in the interest of furthering this site and community. I feel proud to have been involved with, and to have learned from, this remarkable group over the past decade.

I hope you all have felt that your involvement was worthwhile. I have done my best to honor the significant sacrifices that I know some of you made at times, and I will continue to do so.
... See more
Hi all,

Looking down the list, I am once again struck by the caliber of the people who choose to give of their time in the interest of furthering this site and community. I feel proud to have been involved with, and to have learned from, this remarkable group over the past decade.

I hope you all have felt that your involvement was worthwhile. I have done my best to honor the significant sacrifices that I know some of you made at times, and I will continue to do so.

To those who will not be joining the next class, I wish you all the best. Please continue to use and benefit from the site that you helped to form.

Henry
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Thank you to ProZ.com site moderators, stepping down today

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »