Pages in topic:   [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10] >
Announcing invoicing tool updates: Payment reminders, custom formatting, purchase order number, more
Thread poster: l Gaston l
l Gaston l
l Gaston l  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:53
Afrikaans to Ancient Hebrew
+ ...
Feb 18, 2010

Hi there,

A number of updates to ProZ.com's web-based invoicing tool have been released, based on feedback from members. Thank you to everyone who has offered comments and suggestions for improvements. (Some past discussions can be seen here and here).

• Payment reminders. It's now possible to send manual and automatic email reminders for past due invoices. Up to 3 automatic r... See more
  • Hi there,

A number of updates to ProZ.com's web-based invoicing tool have been released, based on feedback from members. Thank you to everyone who has offered comments and suggestions for improvements. (Some past discussions can be seen here and here).

• Payment reminders. It's now possible to send manual and automatic email reminders for past due invoices. Up to 3 automatic reminders can be set from the payment reminder settings.
  • Purchase order number. It's now possible to assign a purchase order number to all invoices. If you are using a custom template, make sure you update it accordingly to show purchase order numbers.
  • Customizable billing information. The automatically formatted billing information didn't look right for some users in some locales. Now it's possible to make your invoices display your contact information, and that of your clients, in exactly the format you want. Click here to customize your billing information.
  • Multiple invoice recipients. Send an invoice to multiple recipients at the same time.
  • No invoice number on draft invoices. Now it's possible to save invoices as draft without an invoice number, assigning it at the moment of using the invoice.
  • Close invoices. Added an option to close an invoice, even when it hasn't been paid in full.
  • Certified privacy and data protection. In response to requests from invoicing users last year, ProZ.com has updated its privacy practices and earned the TRUSTe Web Privacy Seal and TRUSTe EU Safe Harbor Privacy Seal, in compliance with the European Union's Directive on Data Protection. See the ProZ.com privacy policy for more information: http://www.proz.com/privacy
  • Recycle bin and permanent delete options. To give you even greater control over your sensitive data, it's now easy to permanently delete your invoice and client information when you no longer need it.
  • Minor interface improvements. Minor interface improvements has been implemented at the invocing tool page correcting issues and improving usability.
  • Integrated with ProZ.com billing system. ProZ.com billing system now send invoices using the invoicing tool.

Click here to access the ProZ.com invoicing tool.

Thank you for all those who provided feedback making this new features possible.

If you have any suggestion or feedback, please don't hesitate on posting it below.

Best regards,
    Gastón

More about ProZ.com invoicing

The ProZ.com invoicing tool helps language professionals easily create, send and track invoices online. Unlimited access is including in ProZ.com membership. Registered non-members can use it for free up to a certain number of invoices.

Learn more about ProZ.com invoicing.

See past release announcements.

If you are having difficulty using this feature or would like to report a possible bug, please submit a support request. Site staff will address your request personally. Be sure to include specifics in your request, such as links to the pages involved, the steps you follow and screenshots of relevant information, as this will help ensure the problem can be addressed quickly.
    Collapse

• ggh104633gma (X)

Ali Tuna
    Ali Tuna  Identity Verified
    United States
    Local time: 11:53
    Turkish to English
    + ...
    Thank you! Feb 18, 2010

Hi Gaston,

Thank you so much for the update.
    The Purchase Order # function works like a charm.

Sincerely,
    Ali

[Edited at 2010-02-18 23:26 GMT]

Valérie Catanzaro
    Valérie Catanzaro  Identity Verified
    France
    Local time: 17:53
    English to French
    + ...
    Thanks Feb 18, 2010

Thanks for the update!

Yves Le Scieller
    Yves Le Scieller  Identity Verified
    Spain
    French to English
    + ...
    Attached documents Feb 19, 2010

Hi,

the invoicing tool sounds nice and I will be looking at it more closely over the next few days to see if it meets my needs.

I do however have a question. Some of my customers require specific details to be attached to the invoice such as activity reports, signed acceptance sheets etc. Does the tool currently allow, or are their plans to allow additional documents to be attached?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Eleonora Imazio
    Eleonora Imazio  Identity Verified
    Italy
    Member (2009)
    French to Italian
    + ...
    Fixed costs Feb 19, 2010

Hi Gaston!

thank you for the update.
    I think it would be useful to have the possibility to add also fixed costs to the invoice (and not only percentage taxes): for example, in Italy we have to add a 1,81€ revenue stamp when the gross price is above a certain amount.

Thanks!

Ele.

l Gaston l
    + ...
    TOPIC STARTER
    Glad to hear that. Feb 19, 2010

simulacra wrote:

Hi Gaston,

Thank you so much for the update.
    The Purchase Order # function works like a charm.

Sincerely,
    Ali

[Edited at 2010-02-18 23:26 GMT]

Hi Ali,

Glad it worked for you. Thanks for suggesting it.

Best,
    Gastón

l Gaston l
    + ...
    TOPIC STARTER
    Thanks for the suggestion. Feb 19, 2010

Yves Le Scieller wrote:

Hi,

the invoicing tool sounds nice and I will be looking at it more closely over the next few days to see if it meets my needs.

I do however have a question. Some of my customers require specific details to be attached to the invoice such as activity reports, signed acceptance sheets etc. Does the tool currently allow, or are their plans to allow additional documents to be attached?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Hi Yves,

Adding support for attachments its a good suggestion. I will see what I can do to achieve that.

Thanks!
    Gastón

l Gaston l
    + ...
    TOPIC STARTER
    Interesting suggestion Ele. Feb 19, 2010

Eleonora Imazio wrote:

Hi Gaston!

thank you for the update.
    I think it would be useful to have the possibility to add also fixed costs to the invoice (and not only percentage taxes): for example, in Italy we have to add a 1,81€ revenue stamp when the gross price is above a certain amount.

Thanks!

Ele.

Hi Ele!,

Thanks for your feedback. I see what you mean. Could this be achieved by adding an extra item at the invoice?

Best,
    Gastón

7hills (X)
    7hills (X)  Identity Verified
    United States
    Local time: 10:53
    German to English
    + ...
    Translator's Header Feb 19, 2010

Hi Gaston,
    I am new to the tool but one of the features I missed was the translator's business name, address, tax ID, etc.
    Is it present somewhere, or is there somewhere it can be inserted -- near the top of the invoice of course.
    7hills

l Gaston l
    + ...
    TOPIC STARTER
    Contact information is at settings tab. Feb 19, 2010

7hills wrote:

Hi Gaston,
    I am new to the tool but one of the features I missed was the translator's business name, address, tax ID, etc.
    Is it present somewhere, or is there somewhere it can be inserted -- near the top of the invoice of course.
    7hills

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to write.

You can define your contact information at this page:
    https://www.proz.com/invoice?sp_mode=settings

If there is anything you need to add that is not defined already, you can use the "custom format" contact information settings, in order to make it looks exactly as you want to.

Is that answering your question?

Best!,
    Gastón

Gianluca Marras
    Gianluca Marras  Identity Verified
    Italy
    English to Italian
    problem for invoices in Italy Feb 20, 2010

Hi Gaston, thanks for the update.
    One thing I cannot manage is that in Italy this is how we calculate the amount:

translation 100 +
    contributi 4%+
    IVA 20%-
    Ritenuta 20%

So how can I use minus?

Thanks in advance

Jason Grimes
    Jason Grimes
    Local time: 11:53
    SITE STAFF
    Tax withholding and considerations for Italian freelance invoices Feb 20, 2010

Gianluca Marras wrote:

Hi Gaston, thanks for the update.
    One thing I cannot manage is that in Italy this is how we calculate the amount:

translation 100 +
    contributi 4%+
    IVA 20%-
    Ritenuta 20%

So how can I use minus?

Thanks in advance

Hi Gianluca,

You can specify a negative percentage for a tax to indicate that it should be deducted from the invoice amount, rather than added to it. In your specific situation, create a new tax called "IVA" and set the percentage to "-20".

Please see "How to specify tax deduction/withholding" on your tax settings page for details.

I hope this helps.

Jason

[Addendum after posting:]

Perhaps your situation is a bit more complex than I assumed above. I have just read the following about tax requirements for Italian freelancers:

Some Italian freelancers may need to create invoices that support a scenario like the following:
    + 4% social security contribution (INPS), charged on the item amount.
    + 20% value added tax (IVA), charged on the item amount + INPS
    - 20% advance on income tax to be paid by the client (ritenuta d'acconto), deducted from item amount + INPS

If that is your situation, it's possible to configure the invoicing tool in that way as well. Please see "Combined example: deduction and compound taxes" on your tax settings page for details.

Please let me know if this works for you.

Best regards,

Jason

Per Riise (X)
    Per Riise (X)  Identity Verified
    Norway
    English to Norwegian
    + ...
    Layout issues Feb 25, 2010

Hi there,

I've noticed that once you get a certain amount of text in the Description field, the layout becomes rather messy. I can point you to one of my drafts to illustrate my point. There also seems to be an issue with converting invoices that contain extensive amounts of texts to PDF. The PDF does not look the same as the HTML version (seems to cut out the right columns). I've mentioned this before, but no response so far.

Best,
    Per

Mauricio Zoch
    Mauricio Zoch  Identity Verified
    Argentina
    English to Turkish
    + ...
    Fixed Feb 25, 2010

Per Riise wrote:

Hi there,

I've noticed that once you get a certain amount of text in the Description field, the layout becomes rather messy. I can point you to one of my drafts to illustrate my point. There also seems to be an issue with converting invoices that contain extensive amounts of texts to PDF. The PDF does not look the same as the HTML version (seems to cut out the right columns). I've mentioned this before, but no response so far.

Best,
    Per

Dear Per,

Thanks for letting us know about this problem.
    I made a patch to avoid this problem from now on. All the long lines will be break at 50 chars to keep the format and the design intact.

Best regards,
    Mauricio Zoch

Susana Valdez
    Susana Valdez  Identity Verified
    Portugal
    Local time: 16:53
    English to Portuguese
    + ...
    Add rates Mar 22, 2010

Dear Staff,

I've been using this tool and I'm loving it. I had a rather complicated system that involved several Excel sheets and this is helping a lot.

One suggestion:

I would like to be able to save my specific rates for each of my clients. So, if I charge X for one client and Y for another, I know what I charge for each one.

I'm not sure if this is possible, but it is a suggestion.

Thank you.

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Announcing invoicing tool updates: Payment reminders, custom formatting, purchase order number, more

CafeTran Espresso
    You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
    TM-Town
    Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »