Thread poster: Jared Tabor

Jared Tabor
Local time: 07:32
SITE STAFF
May 17, 2010

large-campaign-theme.jpg

Announcing mid-year membership campaign, 2010

Dear ProZians,

If you are already a paying member of ProZ.com, thank you! Your support and participation is what makes ProZ.com possible.

For over ten years, members of this community have come together to create such tools as KudoZ, the Blue Board, powwows, the articles knowledge base, the ProZ.com exchange, translation contests, quick polls, invoicing, the Certified PRO Network, conferences (in-person and virtual), in-person and online training, and much, much more... these shared tools have, in turn, benefited each member. This collaborative effort continues to permanently change the translator's profession from a solitary pursuit into something more interactive, more efficient, more rewarding and more profitable. With over 15,000 members, ProZ.com continues to advance as the world's largest community of translation professionals.

In the recent mid-year report to members, some of the accomplishments for this first half of 2010 were mentioned. Among them were:
  • Increased job flow on the site (with an all-time high in activity in March)
  • A host of ongoing changes to the ProZ.com job posting system and other features and tools aimed at facilitating collaboration in supporting the livelihood of translators
  • A new channel for feedback and ideas on how to improve ProZ.com
  • New local payment options for India and Poland
  • Improvements to the invoicing tools and training system
  • Faster support for members

The full report can be reviewed at http://www.proz.com/topic/170665

The list of tools and opportunities available to ProZ.com members continues to grow. So does the list of what can be done to deliver more tools and opportunities which will help members expand their businesses and improve their work, while they network and have fun.

A one-month campaign with incentives: Help your business grow.

If you are an active user of ProZ.com but have not yet invested in membership, now is a good time to consider joining. A mid-year membership campaign is underway, and will last until the 17th of June.

Job flow through the site is at an all-time high. ProZ.com members meet clients at four times the rate of non-members. These contacts come both through posted jobs and through the directory or profile (though there are as many as 200 job postings made per day, the most common way that clients and translators meet at ProZ.com is through directory and profile searches).

On top of all of the tools and opportunities that members enjoy (such as full access to all of the site's features and archives and the highest levels of profile exposure in search engines), ProZ.com is simply the leading source of new clients for translators. Consider using ProZ.com as a serious tool to open the way to new opportunities, new clients and smarter business.

In evaluating membership, you may want to see what other members have said about their membership. Be sure to check out testimonials from current ProZ.com members.

An incentive to join during this campaign is that by joining now, you will have membership until July, 2011-- that is up to over one month of free membership, depending on how soon you join. Those who purchase membership during the campaign will also have the chance to win one of these prizes:
  1. an expenses-paid trip to a ProZ.com event,

2. a Dell laptop, or

3. translation software (SDL TRADOS Studio 2009 SP2)*

In addition, those who purchase or renew full membership during this campaign will receive a 10% discount on SDL Trados training and certification and a 33% discount on webinar presentations purchased before June 30th.

To join under this offer, or to review the benefits of ProZ.com membership and see testimonials from members, visit the campaign page.

Now is also a good time to renew if you are already a paying member; extend your current membership by 12 months, participate in the prize drawing and take advantage of the discount on training and webinars.

If you have questions about membership, or need answers or help regarding anything else at ProZ.com, do not hesitate to contact staff through the online support system.

Best regards,

Jared
and the rest of the ProZ.com team

If you are a translator or you work with translators, the ProZ.com mission statement explains how the site works for you: By providing tools and opportunities for you to network, expand your business, improve your work, and have more fun.

* Note: in order to be eligible for the prize drawing, you must have completed all "required" fields in your profile. Please contact a member of site staff via support request if you need help with this.

Walter Landesman  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Ellaborate, please. May 17, 2010

Jared wrote:

Current members who renew their membership during the campaign will have 12 months added to their membership as well as be able to participate in the prize drawing and take advantage of the training discount.

Hi Jared,

Do you mean that if I renew my membership por 1 year I get an extra year? Could you please be more specific?

Thanks a lot.

Walter

Jared Tabor
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Hi Walter May 17, 2010

Sorry if that wasn't clear-- this simply means that renewing adds 12 months (total) to your current membership. It has often been a point of confusion for some, who had the impression that by renewing before their renewal date they were losing membership (which is not the case). Looks like I over-corrected! I'll try to make that clearer in the post, thanks!

Best regards,

Jared

Walter Landesman  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
OK now May 17, 2010

Ok, if I renew for 12 months now I get 12 months after my current membership expires. As usual.

I thought it was some new benefit taken/accepted from the IDEAS area. There are several topics related over there.

Nothing new then. So, I`ll wait till my membership expires to renew it. I still have time left.

Best,

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Announcing a new membership campaign: "Help your business grow"

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search