Sometimes the outsourcer has no intention of paying.
Thread poster: Blanca Rodriguez
Blanca Rodriguez
Blanca Rodriguez
Local time: 06:40
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 28, 2001

Hello everybody

Recently someone identified as Translateusa posted a volunteer job (about 30 words) for a NGO. I volunteer for a Spanish NGO and we get our translations done by another non-profit organization, so I decided to collaborate.

I thought the translation may be some kind of slongan or similar, but I found out it was a segment of the FAQ section, possibly of a website. They probably split the whole translation between several translators so tha
... See more
Hello everybody

Recently someone identified as Translateusa posted a volunteer job (about 30 words) for a NGO. I volunteer for a Spanish NGO and we get our translations done by another non-profit organization, so I decided to collaborate.

I thought the translation may be some kind of slongan or similar, but I found out it was a segment of the FAQ section, possibly of a website. They probably split the whole translation between several translators so that nobody had to work a lot for free. I\'m ok with that policy.

The first weird thing was that they didn\'t send me the text, but pasted it to my bid. Plus, when I tried to contact them through notes added to my bid, asking them for an e-mail address to send the translation I got no reply. I decided to past the translation to the bid and waited for their reaction.

Well, their reaction was silence. Two days have gone past since I pasted the translated text and heard nothing of them. I think the least they should have done is saying thank you.

I would like to know if anyone else volunteered for the job and if there are any opinions on this case or similar ones. I don\'t want to make any accusations, but I don\'t like their attitude.

Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Sometimes the outsourcer has no intention of paying.

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »