Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Announcing the ProZ.com gift shop
Thread poster: Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 21:19
SITE STAFF
Jun 26, 2011

I'm happy to announce the opening of the ProZ.com gift shop. Here you will be able to find some fun ProZ.com merchandise for your home and office (and gift ideas for colleagues).

The shop is currently under expansion, so look for more products to be added soon. If you have suggestions or requests for new gift shop items, let me know!

Jared

Rebelo Júnior
Rebelo Júnior  Identity Verified
Brazil
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Purchasing Options Jun 26, 2011

Jared, Is it possible using my Browniz to buy the itens ?

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
A system to exchange browniz points for discounts on shop items may be made available in the future Jun 26, 2011

Hello Rebelo,

At the moment, no. A system to exchange browniz points for discounts on shop items may be made available in the future.

Jared

Nicole Schnell
Nicole Schnell  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:19
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
Nice!!! Jun 26, 2011

My cat wants me to order the small pet bowl.

Bharg Shah
Bharg Shah  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 05:49
French to English
+ ...
Wallpaper Jun 27, 2011

I am unable to download the wallpaper. I get the 403 Forbidden error in Internet Explorer....

Erik Freitag
Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:19
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Who did the translation? Jun 27, 2011

I am not sure whether this really is what prozians want, but who knows.

Anyway, I'd like to suggest that the German names of the items at sale be translated again, this time by a qualified translator. "Kleines Haustier Schüssel" (sic!) probably is not what "the translation workplace" can improve its reputation with

Steffen Walter
Steffen Walter  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
Fully supported - appalling quality of German shop version Jun 27, 2011

efreitag wrote:

I am not sure whether this really is what prozians want, but who knows.

Anyway, I'd like to suggest that the German names of the items at sale be translated again, this time by a qualified translator. "Kleines Haustier Schüssel" (sic!) probably is not what "the translation workplace" can improve its reputation with

Jared, aside from the gift range, which certainly includes some nice items, has the German version of the shop (or any other, for that matter) been machine-translated? Is this is an issue with the provider Cafepress? At any rate, please re-check what's going on there.

The "German" text appearing on the left-hand side reads "Willkommen auf der ProZ.com Geschenkeladen. Hier finden Sie einige Fun-Produkten mit den ProZ.com-Logo. Bring ProZ.com von Ihrem Bildschirm zu Hause oder im Büro!
Auf der Suche nach Bücher über Übersetzung und darauf, ein freiberuflicher Übersetzer? Seien Sie sicher, dass Sie ProZ.com 's Books Abschnitt.". This is appalling and looks pretty much like MT. Not exactly what I'd expect as a German user of the shop - and doing damage to the reputation of ProZ.com, in my opinion.

MTIA for responding,

Steffen

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Interesting, will check Jun 27, 2011

I'm not sure where the German version is coming from, looks perhaps like a mechanism that CafePress has to localize content. I'll check on it. Thanks!

Jared

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Wallpaper link seems to be working fine Jun 27, 2011

Hello Bharg,

The wallpaper link seems to be working fine, in IE and other browsers. Can you download it using this link, either by clicking on it and saving the image, or by right clicking on it and using the "Save as" option?

Jared

Laura Gentili
Laura Gentili  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
Localized versions Jun 27, 2011

Hi,
Where do you find the localized versions? I am curious to see the Italian one...

Laura

Steffen Walter
Steffen Walter  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
URL ending Jun 27, 2011

Laura Gentili wrote:

Hi,
Where do you find the localized versions? I am curious to see the Italian one...

Laura

I've just replaced .com with .de in the Cafepress URL. This does not seem to work for .it, though.

Steffen

Laura Gentili
Laura Gentili  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
Thank you Jun 27, 2011

Steffen Walter wrote:

Laura Gentili wrote:

Hi,

Laura

I've just replaced .com with .de in the Cafepress URL. This does not seem to work for .it, though.

Steffen

Thank you for your efforts, Steffen.

Laura

Madeleine MacRae Klintebo
Madeleine MacRae Klintebo  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:19
Swedish to English
+ ...
" looks perhaps like a mechanism that CafePress has to localize content" Jun 27, 2011

Jared wrote:

I'm not sure where the German version is coming from, looks perhaps like a mechanism that CafePress has to localize content. I'll check on it. Thanks!

Jared

How can we expect companies/end clients to appreciate the importance of professionally translated/localised offerings if a company with whose whole concept is related to translation, such as Proz, can't be bothered to ensure their agreements with third parties includes a requirement to use professional translations?

Natalia Mackevich
Natalia Mackevich  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:19
English to Russian
+ ...
Give them some time, alright? Jun 27, 2011

Easy, guys, it's a brand new feature, don't expect that there will be no issues at all. Give it some time. Besides, in most similar cases sites offering printing services are not associated with the customer (as I understand, in this case ProZ is merely a customer of this CafePress company, isn't it?).

Carolin Haase
Carolin Haase  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Who translated this? Jun 27, 2011

Certainly not a paying Proz.com member?

The German site should be redone...

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Announcing the ProZ.com gift shop

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »