Thank you to ProZ.com site moderators, class of 2010-2011
Thread poster: Lucia Leszinsky

Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Jun 28, 2011

Dear members,

I would like to take a moment to thank the moderator class of 2010-2011 for their year of service to the community. Thank you to all of these members who have given of their time to help maintain a positive, results-oriented atmosphere on the site. Each person in the class has made valuable contributions to ProZ.com, and some have contributed beyond the moderator program. Thank you!... See more
Dear members,

I would like to take a moment to thank the moderator class of 2010-2011 for their year of service to the community. Thank you to all of these members who have given of their time to help maintain a positive, results-oriented atmosphere on the site. Each person in the class has made valuable contributions to ProZ.com, and some have contributed beyond the moderator program. Thank you!

The moderator class of 2011-2012 is scheduled to begin in August. If you are a member and would like to volunteer for a one-year term as site moderator, please see http://www.proz.com/moderators

Kind regards,

Lucía
Collapse

TargamaT team  Identity Verified
Syria
Local time: 22:58
Member (2010)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Suggestion to introduce new moderators... Jul 2, 2011

I am wondering if it would be possible that candidates to moderator "positions" take an instant to present themselves to the community, to tell us why they would like to be moderators and what they would like to achieve during this next year…

What I hope also is that moderators for a pair are not from the same country...

My experience in the last year was that some moderators are more like policemen than what is described in the link!

All the best.
... See more
I am wondering if it would be possible that candidates to moderator "positions" take an instant to present themselves to the community, to tell us why they would like to be moderators and what they would like to achieve during this next year…

What I hope also is that moderators for a pair are not from the same country...

My experience in the last year was that some moderators are more like policemen than what is described in the link!

All the best.

Oussama

[Edited at 2011-07-03 10:25 GMT]
Collapse

Valerie35 (X)
Local time: 21:58
German to English
Curious Jul 2, 2011

I'm curious as to what the moderators get out of it.

I know what ProZ gets out of it: Free labor for a Web site that is very commercial.

Are there any outgoing moderators who would want to describe what they get out of it, or incoming moderators who would want to describe what they think they are going to get out of it?

I am really curious.

Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Moderators selection process and testimonials Jul 25, 2011

Hello all,

Please note that moderator applications are reviewed by site staff and these include information on why applicants would like to become moderators.

Also, information on the benefits of becoming a moderator is available here: http://www.proz.com/?sp=moderators

Comments from moderators are also available at See more
Hello all,

Please note that moderator applications are reviewed by site staff and these include information on why applicants would like to become moderators.

Also, information on the benefits of becoming a moderator is available here: http://www.proz.com/?sp=moderators

Comments from moderators are also available at http://www.proz.com/?sp=moderators&sp_mode=testimonials

Regards,

Lucia
Collapse

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 21:58
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
How? Jul 25, 2011

Lucia, can you please tell us how interested people can apply to become moderators?

Edited to add this: Sorry! Just found it. It is the "Apply" link in the moderators page you already mentioned.

[Edited at 2011-07-25 21:24 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Thank you to ProZ.com site moderators, class of 2010-2011

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search