Terry Gilman
Terry Gilman  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:48
Member (2003)
German to English
+ ...
Happy Birthday Sep 27, 2004

A big if belated thank you, Henry! (I was offline on vacation.) I'd like to thank Tom Funke for introducing me to ProZ and, of all the great comments, agree with Fuad's: it's heartening to see and sometimes participate in this success story. Civilization at its best.
Terry

Kpy
Kpy  Identity Verified
France
Member (2010)
French to English
+ ...
Late but ... Sep 27, 2004

Thank you so much, Henry, for putting this all together. It has provided so many of us with so much that was missing before you provided it.

Elizabeth Castaldini
Elizabeth Castaldini
Local time: 11:48
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Congratulations on this wonderful site! Sep 28, 2004

I always wanted to know who had created this site. I'm still not a platinum member, but will become one soon. Can I take this opportunity to thank Henry, Members, Moderators and Staff from the bottom of my heart? Because this is the site of my heart, ...and night!

Vivek Raj
Vivek Raj
India
Local time: 21:18
Spanish to English
+ ...
3 Cheers!!! Sep 28, 2004

It's so well organized, so well networked that it doesn't seem to be only 5 years old.... good going....

vivek

Jenelle Davenport
Jenelle Davenport  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:48
French to English
+ ...
Life changing! Sep 28, 2004

Henry, congrats and thank you! Your hard work and organization have produced a community that is, as I type, restoring my "pre-marriage & babies" sense of mastery over my field of expertise. I had almost forgotten who I was before domesticated life, and I had accomplished MUCH! My husband, my children, my entire family is again seeing my professional sparks fly, and it is good. I'm still getting warmed up, having only discovered ProZ a few months ago, but thank you so much! You will have an... See more
Henry, congrats and thank you! Your hard work and organization have produced a community that is, as I type, restoring my "pre-marriage & babies" sense of mastery over my field of expertise. I had almost forgotten who I was before domesticated life, and I had accomplished MUCH! My husband, my children, my entire family is again seeing my professional sparks fly, and it is good. I'm still getting warmed up, having only discovered ProZ a few months ago, but thank you so much! You will have another platinum member in me soon...

---Jenelle Alexandra Valentine Davenport (transjapan)
Collapse

aes (X)
aes (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:18
Korean to English
+ ...
Hearty and Wholesome Congratulations!!! Sep 28, 2004

My Hearty congratulations to all those who started this idea and organized this wonderful site (sight as well) and are successfully running it! And of course to all those members who are part of it!

What I wonder about this whole site is that commercial consideration does not seem to be its prime mover. Even a non-premium member can access with full authority except for some limitations which are of course fully justified.

This is one of the very few sites (I would incl
... See more
My Hearty congratulations to all those who started this idea and organized this wonderful site (sight as well) and are successfully running it! And of course to all those members who are part of it!

What I wonder about this whole site is that commercial consideration does not seem to be its prime mover. Even a non-premium member can access with full authority except for some limitations which are of course fully justified.

This is one of the very few sites (I would include even sites in other industries like exports etc.) that unites people and professionals around the world with so much of simplicity and economy that I find it very useful both for my agency as well as for me as a translator to connect to people and get or give business around the world in no time.

I am not a platinum member yet though I should have become one but I am becoming one in October.

Thanks Proz and all those "connected" with it!

Wish you many, many more years of success!

aes.

[Edited at 2004-09-28 09:23]
Collapse

Ron Peek
Ron Peek  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:48
German to English
+ ...
Well done and congratulations indeed! Sep 28, 2004

Dear all,

I would also like to congratulate Henry, the Proz.team, all moderators, as well as all of us - translators/interpreters, etc. (and also other companies and individuals who use this site)- for making this such a brilliant community.

Keep up the good work!

Ron

Ron Peek

Director Peek Language Ser
... See more
Dear all,

I would also like to congratulate Henry, the Proz.team, all moderators, as well as all of us - translators/interpreters, etc. (and also other companies and individuals who use this site)- for making this such a brilliant community.

Keep up the good work!

Ron

Ron Peek

Director Peek Language Services Ltd

www.peek-language-services.com
Collapse

Henri Barreiro Domingo
Henri Barreiro Domingo  Identity Verified
Spain
English to French
+ ...
Felicidades a vosotros!!!! Sep 28, 2004

Felicidades al team por su trabajo de cada día y los servicios ofrecidos para mejorar nuestra profesión.

Un saludo sincero,

Henri

Angel Biojo
Angel Biojo
United States
Local time: 08:48
English to Spanish
Happy birthday Sep 28, 2004

At Proz there is the most helpful and kind group of people I have ever met. Happy birthday to Proz.

Reynel Cuevas Mejía
Reynel Cuevas Mejía
Colombia
Local time: 10:48
English to Spanish
+ ...
Gimme five! Sep 28, 2004

Congratulations from Colombia!

I want to thank you especially for bringing all translators together at your great site making us feel happy to be part of this wonderful one community. Gimme other five!

Trastec
Trastec
Canada
English to French
+ ...
Congratulations! Sep 28, 2004

I wish to thank Henry for his good job.
The network system is very useful to all translators world wide.
Indeed it,s a "Workplace".
We the translators are looking forward for the 25th, 50th etc anniversary.
Mervy

Eva Gustavsson
Eva Gustavsson  Identity Verified
German to Swedish
+ ...
It works! Sep 30, 2004

I would like to thank you very much for a great site. And what impresses me most is that it works! The functions are mostly very intuitive, easy to handle and you get the result you expect when you enter a command. And all this in such an extensive and complex site, with so many facilities and so many users.

Congratulations!

Eva

Troy Fowler
Troy Fowler  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:48
Japanese to English
Good on ya Henry! Sep 30, 2004

Hello all!

I was fortunate enough to join Henry for one year during the start-up phase of ProZ.com in Oakland, California. The site had less than 3600 registered users, barely 3 employees and a fishy pink and brown logo. I must say, Henry and the ProZ.com staff have done a fantastic job of creating a constructive, dynamic environment for exchanging human language services.

Henry is a great leader for this site. He brought to ProZ.com a tempered attitude that struck
... See more
Hello all!

I was fortunate enough to join Henry for one year during the start-up phase of ProZ.com in Oakland, California. The site had less than 3600 registered users, barely 3 employees and a fishy pink and brown logo. I must say, Henry and the ProZ.com staff have done a fantastic job of creating a constructive, dynamic environment for exchanging human language services.

Henry is a great leader for this site. He brought to ProZ.com a tempered attitude that struck a balance being providing leadership, yet allowing the community to develop on its own without micromanaging. During the year I served under him, I saw him assertively brush off criticism, turn rivalry into cooperation, and ward off the temptation to sell out despite what was at times a rather ominous financial situation. He never put personal gain above that of the ProZ.com community, and we should all thank him for it. ProZ.com has improved significantly since I left (ahem), and I look forward to the day when the ProZ.com team realizes some of its more creative goals for leveraging IT for improved work flow, faster payment and higher translation quality.

Great work ProZ.com staff and moderators!

Troy Fowler
Collapse

CLS Lexi-tech
CLS Lexi-tech
English to Italian
+ ...
Thank you, Proz.com and Henry! Dec 23, 2004

I have been away from the Forums too long to make a meaningful contribution. But this seems the right place to thank Henry, all the moderators, staff, and members of the site, for having been the best professionals I know in the business. I want to thank you personally and on behalf of Lexi-tech International for having made my job and achieving our goals so much easier.
To wit, yesterday I posted a message with our Recruitment plan for 2005 and in less than a few hours I had already r
... See more
I have been away from the Forums too long to make a meaningful contribution. But this seems the right place to thank Henry, all the moderators, staff, and members of the site, for having been the best professionals I know in the business. I want to thank you personally and on behalf of Lexi-tech International for having made my job and achieving our goals so much easier.
To wit, yesterday I posted a message with our Recruitment plan for 2005 and in less than a few hours I had already received applications from very suitable candidates. What more can you ask for?
I attend job fairs, conferences of all kinds, visit universities (and in the process managed to miss Oxford, ehm ehm), but there is no place like home at Proz.com. I wear the Proz.com shirt Henry gave me at the ATA Conference in Toronto with great pride and a sense of true belonging.
Lexi-tech International's success this year has been remarkable: we have achieved our growth objectives and I have recruited 40 in-house translators and countless freelancers through Proz.com. Our objectives for 2005 are as ambitious as last year, and I am already hard at work recruiting to meet those goals.
My only regret is that gone are for me the days of sitting at the computer translating and watching the site develop and grow.

My warmest wishes for the coming holidays and virtual hugs to all.

I hope to be there with you to celebrate the 10th, the 20th and maybe even the 30th anniversary of Proz.com.

Paola Ludovici MacQuarrie
Director of Recruitment and External Resources
Lexi-tech International
Translation at its best. La traduction à son meilleur.
Ottawa ~ Moncton ~ Québec ~ Montréal ~ Toronto
tel./tél. + 613-234-5312 ext/poste 267
fax/téléc. + 613-234-1832
www.lexitech.ca
Please note that our office will be closed from December 25, 2004 to January 3, 2005 inclusively. We are extremely proud to have you amongst our translators and take this opportunity to thank you for your contribution to our success. Lexi-tech International's staff wishes you Happy holidays and a Happy New Year 2005. Our goal for the new year is to continue to deliver excellent quality translations in a timely manner. We are ready and willing to undertake new challenges with you as of January 4, 2005.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Congratulations to ProZ.com's moderators, members and staff on our 5th birthday

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »