The state of the linguist supply chain: a CSA report on translators and interpreters in 2020
Thread poster: Jared Tabor

Jared Tabor
Local time: 02:28
SITE STAFF
Feb 12

In the second half of 2019, ProZ.com, Translators without Borders, and other organizations collaborated with Common Sense Advisory (CSA) on a survey directed at professional translators and interpreters. The information gathered in this survey, which was completed by over 7,000 professionals (most of them freelancers), was then used by CSA to build a report which covers a variety of areas, including d... See more
In the second half of 2019, ProZ.com, Translators without Borders, and other organizations collaborated with Common Sense Advisory (CSA) on a survey directed at professional translators and interpreters. The information gathered in this survey, which was completed by over 7,000 professionals (most of them freelancers), was then used by CSA to build a report which covers a variety of areas, including demographics, behaviors, interaction with clients, income, technology, and trends and challenges being faced by today's freelance language professional. The ProZ.com team is happy to be able to help distribute this report to those who may be interested.

2020_report_CSA_charts

Download The state of the linguist supply chain (pdf) »

Read The state of the linguist supply chain online »

ProZ.com members can also read through periodic industry reports published by ProZ.com in the Translation industry reports section of the site (check under the Education tab, Knowledgebase).

The State of the Linguist Supply Chain  is open access and available for distribution in its entirety, courtesy of CSA Research. To request use or distribution of portions of the report or graphics, contact CSA Research

Collapse

Christopher & Rozilene Frye
Yaotl Altan
Ehsan Mirzaei
Gabriella Vento
Eugene Efremov
Abdifatah Aden
svetlana cosquéric

Hubert Maciejewicz  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:28
Member (2019)
Polish to English
+ ...
Thank you! Feb 12

Thank you for sharing such an extensive study and its results. I am eagerly looking to take a look at it

Edegar Vieira Junior

Geocinara Avila  Identity Verified
Brazil
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Great material! Feb 12

I believe that this material will support me to make decision in terms administrative, logistic and linguistic. I´ll study it!

Sergio Carré
Luca Tutino

Eric Dos Santos
France
Local time: 06:28
Member (2010)
Italian to Portuguese
+ ...
So interesting! Feb 15

Thanks for sharing!

Muhammad Said  Identity Verified
Egypt
Member (2013)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Great! Feb 16

Great material from CSA! Thanks for sharing.

Matt Mueller  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 13:28
Chinese to English
+ ...
Good info! Feb 17

Thanks for doing this. Nice to know that my victories, challenges, and thoughts are actually quite common.

Orly Benun

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The state of the linguist supply chain: a CSA report on translators and interpreters in 2020

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within SDL Trados Studio

SDL Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search