Thread poster: Palko Agi
Palko Agi
Palko Agi  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:24
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Oct 7, 2005

Dear Colleagues,

If someone could help me finding a really cheap place to stay in London, for two nights (28-29 Oct.) I would be really grateful. The sites on the net that offer "cheap" places don't know what it means to live on a teacher's salary in Hungary.

I don't know if it is too much to ask if someone has a spare bed or a sofa... ?

I have won a Tempus-financed course in Plymouth, and I would like to spend the weekend before in London, but I am on a
... See more
Dear Colleagues,

If someone could help me finding a really cheap place to stay in London, for two nights (28-29 Oct.) I would be really grateful. The sites on the net that offer "cheap" places don't know what it means to live on a teacher's salary in Hungary.

I don't know if it is too much to ask if someone has a spare bed or a sofa... ?

I have won a Tempus-financed course in Plymouth, and I would like to spend the weekend before in London, but I am on a very-very low budget at the moment.

Thank you.
Ági
Collapse

Williamson
Williamson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:24
Flemish to English
+ ...
Hospitality Club. Oct 7, 2005

Try the people of the hospitality club: www.hospitalityclub.org
Price to stay at their place : 0 euro if you abide by the rules of the host. Of course a small gift is always appreciated everywhere.

Gildas Gouardos
Gildas Gouardos  Identity Verified
France
English to French
Couchsurfing.com Oct 7, 2005

You could try via www.couchsurfing.com as well.

Zsanett Rozendaal-Pandur
Zsanett Rozendaal-Pandur  Identity Verified
Hungary
Dutch to Hungarian
+ ...
Great ideas Oct 7, 2005

I just checked this thread out of interest and i find the suggestions mentioned above great! I've never heard of them, but i'm interested if it really works as smooth as it looks. If you try them, Ági, could you let us know how it worked out? Could be a great option for the future.

Good luck!

[Edited at 2005-10-07 16:25]

Izabela Szczypka
Izabela Szczypka  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Polish
+ ...
Hospitality Club Oct 8, 2005

I do not know about the other one, but Hospitality Club does work - I've been a member for 2-3 years and a few folks have already come over for weekend outings or en route from Eastern Europe to the West. My husband also used HC when he went for a job interview to the UK.
Great idea and great people to meet!

[Edited at 2005-10-08 09:50]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for VERY cheap accommodation in London

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »