Pages in topic:   [1 2 3 4] >
New feature: Project History(SM) with optional client feedback
Thread poster: Henry Dotterer

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 04:12
SITE FOUNDER
Dec 2, 2005

A new feature is available for beta testing: your Project History (SM)*. Details:

* Your "project history" allows you to track past projects completed, along with data on language pairs, fields, volume, client, etc.

* One application of the page is personal organization. You can use the system to keep a personal history, to track payments, etc. Your project history page is visible only to you, and by default, information entered on projects will not be seen by others.

* List any project you've done, whether or not the work came from a client met via ProZ.com.

* It is possible to select projects from your project history, and make general details about them appear to others via a "Project History" tab in your profile page. This provides a way for you to highlight relevant experience in a way that may be useful to potential clients.

* Potentially sensitive details, such as the name of a client, are not visible to anyone but you, by default. However, the option to show client names exists--provided that this is agreed to by both you and your client.

* To instill trust in potential clients, you will have the option of asking your clients to corroborate your project records.

* You also have the option of inviting your client to provide general feedback (positive, negative, neutral) on your work on the project.

* When an outsourcer searches the directory, the number of projects you have completed in the pair and field, and the number corroborated, will be shown.

* If you have worked with ProZ.com colleagues on a project, you can request corroboration and feedback, just as you have from the outsourcers. (This corroboration is handled and displayed separately from that of clients.)

* Project histories are a platinum-only feature. Beta testing is also platinum-only. ("Jobs"-type partial platinum members also have access to this feature.)

We anticipate that this project history feature will provide a convenient means for translators to keep track of their work, and further, for top translators to differentiate themselves based on professional experience and client satisfaction.

Conversely, for outsourcers requiring translators specialized in certain areas, the project history profile tab will provide additional information that may be useful when identifying candidates for further qualification.

http://www.proz.com/ph

* The term "Project History" is a service mark of ProZ.com. Copyright (c) 2005 ProZ.com. All rights reserved.

Direct link

Saskia Steur  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:12
English to Dutch
+ ...
Sounds great... Dec 2, 2005

Dear Henry,
This sounds great. Will this be available to all members, or platinum members only?
Best regards,
Saskia

Direct link

Burrell  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:12
Member (2004)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Great feature! Dec 2, 2005

This is excellent! I just entered a few projects and 5 minutes later already had my first feedback! This surely makes Platinum membership even more appealing, although I would pay for it just to support the site.

Cheers,
Burrell

Direct link

NancyLynn
Canada
Local time: 04:12
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...

Saskia Dec 2, 2005

Henry wrote:

* Project histories are a platinum-only feature. Beta testing is also platinum-only.
http://www.proz.com/ph

* The term "Project History" is a service mark of ProZ.com. Copyright (c) 2005 ProZ.com. All rights reserved.

It's one of the many great features of a platinum membership!

Nancy

Direct link

xxxLia Fail  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Question Dec 2, 2005

Just to see what the PH would look like, I visited Burrell's page for a look. My question is as follows:

There is feedback from a client, but since there is no link or any info on that client, so how valid is such feedback?

Direct link

Burrell  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:12
Member (2004)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Verification Dec 2, 2005

I think I made a mistake - I did not tick the box which offers to show the clients identity. I only noticed it later when entering other projects and I could not find a way to change anything once the feedback had been left and reply sent. Is there a way to change it?
If you can see the outsources identity, you can check their profile and BB record.

Direct link

Colin Brady
Local time: 06:12
SITE STAFF
Client Identities Dec 2, 2005

Hi Lia!

Lia Fail wrote:
Just to see what the PH would look like, I visited Burrell's page for a look. My question is as follows:

There is feedback from a client, but since there is no link or any info on that client, so how valid is such feedback?

If you click on the project summary a window pops up with more information about the project. If the project has received feedback, you will be able to see either a classification for the outsourcer, or their name.

You should now be able to see this on the main PH table as well.

Best Regards,
Colin

Direct link

Jabberwock  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2004)
English to Polish
Ongoing projects... Dec 2, 2005

As I mentioned at the conference, it would be nice to have support for ongoing projects - in my case this would just need updating the word count from time to time, but others might have additional requests...

Direct link

Tamara Sinobad  Identity Verified
Serbia
Member (2005)
English to Serbian
+ ...
Partial (job) membership Dec 2, 2005

Great idea!!!

I am a partial member and the Project History tab appears on my profile page but I can't seem to use it. Is this feature available to full platinum members only?
Thanks in advance.

Direct link

Colin Brady
SITE STAFF
Editing a project after submitting it for feedback Dec 2, 2005

Hi Burrell!

Burrell wrote:
I think I made a mistake - I did not tick the box which offers to show the clients identity. I only noticed it later when entering other projects and I could not find a way to change anything once the feedback had been left and reply sent. Is there a way to change it?
If you can see the outsources identity, you can check their profile and BB record.

Currently there is no way to change any information once you submit a project for feedback. However, we do plan on allowing some changes (including changing the visibility of the outsourcer) in the near future.

Best Regards,
Colin

Direct link

Colin Brady
SITE STAFF
PH now available to jobs platinum members Dec 2, 2005

Hi Tamara,

Tamara Sinobad wrote:
Great idea!!!

I am a partial member and the Project History tab appears on my profile page but I can't seem to use it. Is this feature available to full platinum members only?
Thanks in advance.

Jobs platinum members should now be able to use Project History.

Best Regards,
Colin

Direct link

Andrea Ali  Identity Verified
Argentina
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Great feature, indeed! Dec 2, 2005

Just one question, is it possible for outsourcers to enter a comment on the translator's general performance? I mean, without all the info related to the projects? Especially those for whom you have completed many translations, including team work.

Maybe this could be done via a ProZ email by the translator, inviting outsourcers to make a short comment on his/her work?

Just thinking in black & white.

Thanks for all the improvements!

Andrea

Direct link

xxxLia Fail  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
thanks Burrell and Colin Dec 3, 2005

OK, I see how it's done now.

Direct link

Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
Hungary
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Is this feature available only for clients contacted through Proz.com? Dec 3, 2005

Shall we use this feature only for projects that we do for clients contacted through this site?

For example, I work on a large on-going project for 3 years now: a colleague recommended me for this outsourcer. The colleague is a proz.com member and the outsourcer is listed on BB, but the contact was established outside proz.com.

Other clients contacted me through other sites or databases - would be ethical to list such cooperations here?
Csaba

Direct link

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3 4] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New feature: Project History(SM) with optional client feedback

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search