Romina Minucci
Romina Minucci
Italy
Local time: 16:40
English to Italian
+ ...
Feb 20, 2006

dear colleagues,

few weeks ago I toiled hard to insert many of my past projects in my profile, profiting from the new feature available ("My Project History"), which I appreciate a lot.

Obviously I asked feedbacks from my clients about my work. Now I'm very disappointed to say the least, because any of my clients hasn't answered so far.

I applied to a moderator (Gianfranco Manca in my case) for some more informations, maybe I made some mistakes through my r
... See more
dear colleagues,

few weeks ago I toiled hard to insert many of my past projects in my profile, profiting from the new feature available ("My Project History"), which I appreciate a lot.

Obviously I asked feedbacks from my clients about my work. Now I'm very disappointed to say the least, because any of my clients hasn't answered so far.

I applied to a moderator (Gianfranco Manca in my case) for some more informations, maybe I made some mistakes through my requests for feedbacks.

We have made some tests together and all is ok.....

Now my point is that maybe there are too many questions to the clients, a ton of answers to give and at the end the client gives up.

What is your experience? Have you already tried to ask feedbacks from your clients ?
Collapse

Jaroslaw Michalak
Jaroslaw Michalak  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2004)
English to Polish
SITE LOCALIZER
Arrange it first... Feb 20, 2006

As I have suspected it might end up that way, I have first agreed with my clients that the feedback will be coming their way - I have explained the feature, obtained the permission of the person responsible for such matters at the company, etc.

In spite of that I have still two requests pending, although they have been discussed with the end clients several times...

LAURA TENORINI
LAURA TENORINI  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Positive experience Feb 20, 2006

Hi!

My experience is absolutely positive - but I have made just two entries.
My clients have been very kind: I didn't ask them any "permission" (even if it's not the rigth word) but I informed them immediately after (explaining them everything about the service) and asked them to simply give a sincere judgement to their working experience with me.

Try to contact them personnaly - that is my suggestion. Maybe you won't receive 20 feedbacks...but at least a few of t
... See more
Hi!

My experience is absolutely positive - but I have made just two entries.
My clients have been very kind: I didn't ask them any "permission" (even if it's not the rigth word) but I informed them immediately after (explaining them everything about the service) and asked them to simply give a sincere judgement to their working experience with me.

Try to contact them personnaly - that is my suggestion. Maybe you won't receive 20 feedbacks...but at least a few of them...

Good luck,

Laura
Collapse

Valentina_D
Valentina_D  Identity Verified
English to Italian
+ ...
no problem here Feb 21, 2006

Hi Romina,

I inserted all my past projects of 2005 (..which required a lot of time and effort!) and then decided to make some of them visible and ask for customers' feedback. I first wrote an e-mail to each of them explaining the function and what they were expected to do once they received the e-mail. I got the feedback almost immediately. I suspect that it depends very much on how familiar the outsourcer is with the Proz system. If they are direct clients (companies) and not agenc
... See more
Hi Romina,

I inserted all my past projects of 2005 (..which required a lot of time and effort!) and then decided to make some of them visible and ask for customers' feedback. I first wrote an e-mail to each of them explaining the function and what they were expected to do once they received the e-mail. I got the feedback almost immediately. I suspect that it depends very much on how familiar the outsourcer is with the Proz system. If they are direct clients (companies) and not agency with a profile on Proz, they may have some difficulties in understanding how the site works and what they have to do.
Or maybe they are simply too busy at the moment?
Give them some time and if necessary (I think having customers' feedback is quite an important feature), explain them again.

Good luck with your Project tab!

Valentina
Collapse

Romina Minucci
Romina Minucci
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
maybe.... Feb 21, 2006

maybe it depends also on how familiar my clients are with English, because all the questions are made in English and I know that 60% of my clients don't know this language... again they asked me for translations from En to It!

Walter Landesman
Walter Landesman  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 11:40
English to Spanish
+ ...
It works fine Feb 21, 2006

I usually tell the clients about this PH feature, how it works, details and so on and ask them if they would mind responding to it.
A couple of times an outsourcer had problems understanding or getting the right link to place comments, but finally it worked out.
I consider PH a good and useful tool.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

few feedbacks for our Project History

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »