Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Introducing two new members of the ProZ.com team: Ariel Sand and Enrique Cavalitto
Thread poster: Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 23:02
SITE FOUNDER
Mar 23, 2006

Dear members,

I am proud to announce the addition of two new members to the ProZ.com team: Enrique Cavalitto and Ariel Sand.

Many of you already know Enrique Cavalitto, moderator of the Spanish forum and half of the two2tango team. What you may not know is that Enrique is not only a great linguist and an engineer, he is also a project manager certified by the Project Management Institute. As ProZ.com's new Community Manager, he will oversee the membership program, the m
... See more
Dear members,

I am proud to announce the addition of two new members to the ProZ.com team: Enrique Cavalitto and Ariel Sand.

Many of you already know Enrique Cavalitto, moderator of the Spanish forum and half of the two2tango team. What you may not know is that Enrique is not only a great linguist and an engineer, he is also a project manager certified by the Project Management Institute. As ProZ.com's new Community Manager, he will oversee the membership program, the moderator program, the forums, offline events, and various other community activities. Over the next few months, he will also accept responsibility for quality control, i.e. ensuring the suitability and quality of new site features upon rollout.

For his part, Ariel Sand will initially be taking on the role of Lead Developer. Ariel most recently served as lead developer for a financial services firm in Seattle, and before that, developed a web program that was used by the government of Washington state to schedule interpreters.

I expect that this latest expansion to the ProZ.com team will enable us to further deliver on the promise of our mission statement, which is to "provide tools and opportunities for you to network, expand your businesses, do better work and have more fun."

Thank you, members, for making it possible to add these two outstanding individuals to the ProZ.com team. We are honored to have them as colleagues.
Collapse

Juan Jacob
Juan Jacob  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 21:02
French to Spanish
+ ...
¡Felicidades! Mar 23, 2006

I know, it's in Spanish.
¡Felicidades a los tangueros, pues!

Ana Brause
Ana Brause  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:02
English to Spanish
+ ...
Wilkommen, bienvenue, welcome..... Mar 23, 2006

fremde, etrangér, stranger, glücklich (la la la ) au Pro Z (repeat: three times, ending in zed or zet!)
(I don't remember the rest, but it's from Cabaret),
Cheers
Ana

Atenea Acevedo (X)
Atenea Acevedo (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:02
English to Spanish
+ ...
Great news! Mar 24, 2006

Congrats to both new members of the ProZ.com team. Un abrazote para Quique.

Cheers,
Atenea

Maria Castro Valdez
Maria Castro Valdez  Identity Verified
Member (2002)
French to Spanish
+ ...
Chapeau!! Mar 24, 2006

Congratulations for both!!
Un abrazo para Quique.
María

Ruben Berrozpe (X)
Ruben Berrozpe (X)  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
Congrats Mar 24, 2006

I repeat what I said over the "farewell" thread Quique opened in the Spanish forum. Many congratulations tanguero, and welcome Ariel to ProZ. This community's human resources are really top-notch. Keep up the good work!

Rb

MikeGarcia
MikeGarcia  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 05:02
English to Spanish
+ ...
In memoriam
Enrique...te pertenezco!!!! Un abrazo y toute la merde para ti y tu colega Ariel. Sorry,Spanish. Mar 24, 2006

Henry wrote:

Dear members,

Many of you already know Enrique Cavalitto, moderator of the Spanish forum and half of the two2tango team. What you may not know is that Enrique is not only a great linguist and an engineer, he is also a project manager certified by the Project Management Institute. As ProZ.com's new Community Manager, he will oversee the membership program, the moderator program, the forums, offline events, and various other community activities. Over the next few months, he will also accept responsibility for quality control, i.e. ensuring the suitability and quality of new site features upon rollout.

For his part, Ariel Sand will initially be taking on the role of Lead Developer. Ariel most recently served as lead developer for a financial services firm in Seattle, and before that, developed a web program that was used by the government of Washington state to schedule interpreters.

I expect that this latest expansion to the ProZ.com team will enable us to further deliver on the promise of our mission statement, which is to "provide tools and opportunities for you to network, expand your businesses, do better work and have more fun."

Thank you, members, for making it possible to add these two outstanding individuals to the ProZ.com team. We are honored to have them as colleagues.

claudia bagnardi
claudia bagnardi  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
Here I am Mar 24, 2006

Came running from the Spanish forum where I said goodbye to you, to welcome you on your new position.

You'll do a great job. We all know that.

Cheers, Quique

Claudia

claudia bagnardi
claudia bagnardi  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oooops! Mar 24, 2006

The best of lucks for you, Ariel, as well.

Claudia

Ahmed Alami Aroussi
Ahmed Alami Aroussi  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 04:02
English to French
I try to imagine Mar 24, 2006

life without proz....euh... no. I think few sites have changed the face of a business as did proz for translation. Welcome Ariel and Enrique to the blood of our business and thanks for your work. You'll be doing great.

Angela Arnone
Angela Arnone  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
Italian to English
+ ...
Enrique - fellow mod, fellow Libran Mar 25, 2006

Such welcome news!
Now about that little problem ...

To Ariel - a wonderful name... welcome to the crowd

Angela

Roxana Cortijo
Roxana Cortijo  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
¡Grande Quique! Mar 27, 2006

Congratulations for both!

Carolina Fryd (X)
Carolina Fryd (X)  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Good choice Mar 27, 2006

Excellent choice, Henry.

Enrique, Ariel, congratulations and good luck in your new roles.

Quique, un abrazo fuerte!

Carolina

Claudia Berison
Claudia Berison  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
Congratulations!!! Mar 28, 2006

I wish both of you the best of the best in your new roles.

Abrazote para Quique.

Claudia

[Edited at 2006-03-28 05:14]

Erzsébet Czopyk
Erzsébet Czopyk  Identity Verified
Hungary
Member (2006)
Russian to Hungarian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
congratulations Apr 2, 2006

I wish both of you succesful and fruitful work in your new position -

Erzsébet Czopyk

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Introducing two new members of the ProZ.com team: Ariel Sand and Enrique Cavalitto

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »