Thread poster: Imad Almaghary (X)
Imad Almaghary (X)
Imad Almaghary (X)
Local time: 05:44
English to Arabic
+ ...
Mar 27, 2006

Good morning hard-working gentlemen and professionals

I am wondering whether you have an idea about the number in estimate of proz members giving the statistics of paying and non paying members.

I think there are around six thousand companies in proz directory. What about freelancers?

How many members are there in proz?

Best Regards
Mr. Imad
Translator, writer and lecturer

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 22:44
SITE FOUNDER
There are about 35,000 who visit periodically Mar 27, 2006

Hello Imad,

There are about 35,000 professionals who visit ProZ.com at least once per month. We have not published the number of paying members, but if you look around the forums, etc., you might get some idea of what percentage of those who post are (paying) members.

Hope this helps a bit.

Imad Almaghary (X)
Imad Almaghary (X)
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
This is the answer Mar 28, 2006

Good morning Henry

This is the aswer I am looking for. Just I wanted to get and to know that number of 35000 of visitors per month.

Best Regards
Mr. Imad Almaghary

Graciela Carlyle
Graciela Carlyle  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:44
English to Spanish
+ ...
I might have woken up with the wrong foot this morning Mar 28, 2006

Dear Imad,
Firstly I think you're missing someone in your greeting:
Imad Almaghary wrote:
Good morning hard-working gentlemen and professionals

...aren't any ladies in ProZ?

Secondly, in my opinion the question should be addressed to the staff who will surely have the exact numbers in their records.

However, I'm surprised at the vague reply you get ...
Henry wrote:
There are about 35,000 professionals who visit ProZ.com at least once per month. We have not published the number of paying members, but if you look around the forums, etc., you might get some idea of what percentage of those who post are (paying) members.
Hope this helps a bit.

Sorry Henry, with all due respect, it doesn't make sense to me. This is more or less as if you want to know how many friends I have and I tell you that there's 50 people passing in front of my house and looking at it every day and ask you to guess how many of them are my friends.

If it's considered confidential, why not just say so?

Best wishes,
Grace

PS: edited to correct a couple of terms that might have led to confussion.

[Edited at 2006-03-28 14:44]

Graciela Carlyle
United Kingdom
English to Spanish
+ ...
this is strange Mar 28, 2006

I posted my answer (was under Henry's) and half an hour later Imad's appears as sent earlier

Anyway, Imad, you wanted to know number of visitors not of number of paying and non paying members

Imad Almaghary (X)
Imad Almaghary (X)
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Grace, so sorry with my respect and appreciations Mar 28, 2006

Good morning Grace

The word professionals includes both men and women. Do not misunderstand me Grace and I know that there are ladies who have leading role in proz and they can not be denied work.

Sorry Grace once again

Just actually I want to know the nuimber of members as a whole not visiters because there are visitors who are not registered.

So, Henry, How many members are there in the database?

Best regards
Imad Almagha
... See more
Good morning Grace

The word professionals includes both men and women. Do not misunderstand me Grace and I know that there are ladies who have leading role in proz and they can not be denied work.

Sorry Grace once again

Just actually I want to know the nuimber of members as a whole not visiters because there are visitors who are not registered.

So, Henry, How many members are there in the database?

Best regards
Imad Almaghary
Collapse

Graciela Carlyle
United Kingdom
English to Spanish
+ ...
No problem, Imad. Mar 28, 2006

And I hope you get the answer you're looking for

Best wishes,
Grace

[Edited at 2006-03-28 14:51]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Proz statistics of number of paying and non paying members

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »