Thread poster: Henry Dotterer
Alicia Casal
Alicia Casal  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 22:22
English to Spanish
+ ...
New profile Aug 13, 2006

i d appreciate having the opportunity of showing my minimum and maximum rates.

Alicia

Ritu Bhanot
Ritu Bhanot  Identity Verified
France
French to Hindi
+ ...
I prefer Old Format Sep 2, 2006

Hi Henry,

I still prefer the old format please keep the option open so that when we click our profile page we go straight to the old profile and that our clients see the old profile.

It was ok till yesterday.

In fact, the old style of site was much better and elegant than this new one.

The only option I am happy about is the one where you can see messages sent by others through profile... I never knew that I had been sent some extremely inter
... See more
Hi Henry,

I still prefer the old format please keep the option open so that when we click our profile page we go straight to the old profile and that our clients see the old profile.

It was ok till yesterday.

In fact, the old style of site was much better and elegant than this new one.

The only option I am happy about is the one where you can see messages sent by others through profile... I never knew that I had been sent some extremely interesting offers from Proz and some other people... and now they are no longer valid.

But I love proz as it used to be.

Thanks and regards,

Ritu
Collapse

Trond Ruud
Trond Ruud
Local time: 03:22
Norwegian to English
+ ...
A very big step backwards Sep 4, 2006

writeaway wrote:

I too protest that we are now being railroaded into using this new profile. Information I don't want to show is prominently displayed. Joining Proz and becoming Plat are ridiculous things to display. What does that nonsense have to do with translation skills? Is that supposed to be something to 'brag' about or shown as a feather in one's cap? This new profile is 100% amateurish, kiddy stuff with all the whistles and bangs. It may thrill the newbies or a few diehard Proz devotees, but it's a load of xxxx and more of an embarrassment than a help.

[Edited at 2006-06-23 22:57]

I agree 100%
And all my carefully edited translation jobs and personal background information has completely disappeared. Why?
Are you trying to scare us away?

[Edited at 2006-09-04 14:01]

Scott de Lesseps
Scott de Lesseps  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:22
French to English
More Agreement Sep 8, 2006

Hello,

I wholeheartedly agree with the others that the old format is much more preferable. Why tamper with a good thing?

I just tried accessing my profile, and got the new format. Much of the text is chopped off. How can this be fixed? Is there any way to ensure that site users see the old version? I definitely agree that this should be an option to us as a community.

Scott

margarete
margarete  Identity Verified
United States
German to English
+ ...
I'm with everybody else Sep 9, 2006

I absolutely 100% prefer the old profile!

I don't need bells and whistles. I need a clear page to give prospecive clients the information I would like to give them.

Please make it possible to choose the old profile as default.

Thanks!!

Nicholas Ferreira
Nicholas Ferreira  Identity Verified
Canada
Spanish to English
+ ...
I 256th the motion...! Sep 11, 2006

As in the case of all other comments here, I too prefer the old profile page appearance for its concise elegance, and prefer than an option be given to the user as to his/her default appearance.

MitsukoD
MitsukoD  Identity Verified
Spanish
+ ...
Lost information Oct 6, 2006

In this change from the old to the new format, part of a sentence and all the last paragraphs of my profile have desappeared. How can I do to get them back, so that I can include them in the new format?

Lorenia de la Vega
Lorenia de la Vega  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 20:22
English to Spanish
+ ...
bug? Oct 6, 2006

I am not able to access my old profile view or anyone else's for that matter. Is this a bug?

Anna Quail
Anna Quail  Identity Verified
France
French to English
+ ...
Old profile disappeared. Oct 6, 2006

I cannot access my old profile. It was there yesterday and today it has gone. I do hope this is a bug...
Flo

justin C
justin C
United States
English
A bug was causing the old profile format not to show up via the /pro URL Oct 6, 2006

Hello everyone,

A bug was causing the problem with profiles that should come up in the old format via the /pro URL. I have fixed this bug and everything should now be back to normal.

Sorry for the confusion!

Best regards,
Justin

Paul Lucassen
Paul Lucassen  Identity Verified
Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
Link to Proz on website Dec 13, 2006

henry wrote:

Over the past several months, we have created and optimized a new profile format based on requests and feedback from members. Among the features included in the new profiles are an availability calendar, customer feedback, member-to-member crosslinking, search engine improvements, a map, the ability to localize content, standardized and customized views of profile data, and more.

As announced several times since May, we will now begin to point to the new profiles from various points throughout the site.

When you are logged in, your new profile is visible at http://www.proz.com/profile

Your old profiles will continue to be accessible, if you so choose. To access your old profile, go to http://www.proz.com/pro

In other words, you now have two profiles. You can use the old one, but the site will be pointing primarily to the new one.

Mariusz Stepien
Mariusz Stepien  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
... Apr 11, 2007

I also prefer the old format.

Nadia Oparista
Nadia Oparista
United States
Local time: 20:22
Russian to English
+ ...
I also want to keep the "old" profile May 30, 2007

I too protest that we are now being forced into using this new profile. It seems like majority of members don't like it at all! Why this is not taken into account?

Thank you for your attention.

Nadia Oparista
Accu Trans, Inc.
Minneapolis

Alicia Casal
Alicia Casal  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Question May 30, 2007

As of today, which is the old profile?

Thanks

chinesetrans
chinesetrans
Netherlands
English to Chinese
+ ...
Are they interchangeable? Sep 9, 2007

Bravo. Everyday is a new day!!!
Yet, can we work the two profiles interchangeable with each other? You know, it is a little troublesome for everyone to have two profiles in one web. One is updated, the other might not. It might mislead the client into cheating.

If we program them automatically interchangebale with each other, that would be perfect for any proz user.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Site links will start pointing to new profile format

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »