Kardi Kho
Kardi Kho  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 10:37
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Oct 25, 2002

hi there,

I read on the KudoZ bouncer page that a KudoZ bouncer has the right to \'squash\' inappropriate KudoZ questions, but the page doesn\'t mention anything about how to do that. I\'ve searched everywhere in this site and found nothing. It\'s not that I want to squash any questions now, I\'m just curious how you guys out there do the squashing things. BTW, I\'ve also submitted a support request but didn\'t get a reply. Can anybody here tell me how to do \'the squashing\'?
... See more
hi there,

I read on the KudoZ bouncer page that a KudoZ bouncer has the right to \'squash\' inappropriate KudoZ questions, but the page doesn\'t mention anything about how to do that. I\'ve searched everywhere in this site and found nothing. It\'s not that I want to squash any questions now, I\'m just curious how you guys out there do the squashing things. BTW, I\'ve also submitted a support request but didn\'t get a reply. Can anybody here tell me how to do \'the squashing\'?

Thanks
Collapse

gianfranco
gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 00:37
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
Instructions for sqashing Oct 25, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-10-25 07:07, Kardi KHO wrote:

hi there,

I read on the KudoZ bouncer page that a KudoZ bouncer has the right to \'squash\' inappropriate KudoZ questions, but the page doesn\'t mention anything about how to do that. I\'ve searched everywhere in this site and found nothing. It\'s not that I want to squash any questions now, I\'m just curious how you guys out there do the squashing things. BTW, I\'ve also submi... See more
Quote:

On 2002-10-25 07:07, Kardi KHO wrote:

hi there,

Thanks

After you pass the 100 KudoZ points mark, on the page of the question you should see (on the right hand side) a new link \'Squash\'.

There is also, just above it, a link to Info where the procedure is explained.

That\'s all.

Gianfranco

Collapse

Marcello Napolitano
Marcello Napolitano
Local time: 04:37
English to Italian
+ ...
I don't think you can at 100 Kudos Oct 25, 2002

As far as I can tell, after you reach 100 Kudos you can \"edit\" a question that was posten incorrectly and change the language combination and the category. You can also change a question that was posted as Easy to Pro and viceversa. That\'s it. Maybe you have to get to a higher level of Kudos to be able to delete questions that are spam or inappropriate.

Andrea Bullrich
Andrea Bullrich  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
500 KudoZ Oct 25, 2002

Gianfranco, I think you need 500 KudoZ to squash, not 100 (but with 100 you can bounce questions up and down).

Andrea

JCEC
JCEC  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 23:37
English to French
To squash or not to squash Oct 25, 2002

The squashing function suddenly appeared one day after I had reached the 500 KudoZ mark. But I couldn\'t find any help anywhere. So, I just clicked to see what happened, and had quite a shock when someone else\'s question disappeared. That is, until I realized I had sent it to the other level.

There should however be some rule on which duplicate to squash. More than once, I sent a duplicate into oblivion at the same time another translator was doing the same thing with the o
... See more
The squashing function suddenly appeared one day after I had reached the 500 KudoZ mark. But I couldn\'t find any help anywhere. So, I just clicked to see what happened, and had quite a shock when someone else\'s question disappeared. That is, until I realized I had sent it to the other level.

There should however be some rule on which duplicate to squash. More than once, I sent a duplicate into oblivion at the same time another translator was doing the same thing with the other one. I now squash the last one.

Squashing for another reason is tricky however. What is inapproriate is extremely subjective and askers often object to being squashed. I actually got into a sqashing match with an asker who was determined to post his \"inappropriate\" question.

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-10-25 18:28 ]
Collapse

Giuliana Buscaglione
Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:37
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
Unsquashing questions Oct 25, 2002

There should however be some rule on which duplicate to squash. More than once, I sent a duplicate into oblivion at the same time another translator was doing the same thing with the other one. I now squash the last one...

Hi,

well, it should be the repetition, that is the second, but if I see that that are more answers in the secodn one, I squash the first.

Moderators can unsquash questions, therefore no problem
... See more

There should however be some rule on which duplicate to squash. More than once, I sent a duplicate into oblivion at the same time another translator was doing the same thing with the other one. I now squash the last one...

Hi,

well, it should be the repetition, that is the second, but if I see that that are more answers in the secodn one, I squash the first.

Moderators can unsquash questions, therefore no problem if a colleague squahes no. 1 and another one no. 2. You only need to contact the SC moderator.

Squashing is a right and, as all rights, it needs to be considered a priviledge to not be abused.

Giuliana

[addsig]
Collapse

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
To Andrea Bullrich Oct 25, 2002

You used to need 500 points to become a \"bouncer\" but the level has recently been changed to 100.

See Henry\'s posting on Oct. 15 at 4.57 pm in

http://www.proz.com/?sp=bb/viewtopic&post=35802#35802

Kardi Kho
Kardi Kho  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 10:37
English to Indonesian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
100 vs. 500?! I guess now KudoZ squasher has its own rules. Oct 26, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-10-25 14:31, gianfranco wrote:

After you pass the 100 KudoZ points mark, on the page of the question you should see (on the right hand side) a new link \'Squash\'.

That\'s all.

Gianfranco

Gianfranco, when I passed the 100 KudoZ points, yes... See more
Quote:

On 2002-10-25 14:31, gianfranco wrote:

That\'s all.

Gianfranco

Gianfranco, when I passed the 100 KudoZ points, yes, I saw some new links on the right side of the KudoZ page but I didn\'t see the link \'squash\' (only the bouncing and editing links, and also \'info\').

Maybe Andrea is right, you need to earn 500 points to squash. (and maybe this is the new rule).

And if you guys read Henry\'s posting in :

http://www.proz.com/?sp=bb/viewtopic&post=35802#35802

you know that the requirement for becoming a KudoZ bouncer has been changed (from 500 points to 100 points) so I think that ProZ staff need to update the KudoZ bouncer page since it has caused some confusion here(at least for me and some of you I guess .

Thanks anyway for sharing those info with me.

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-10-27 00:35 ]Collapse

David Knowles
David Knowles  Identity Verified
Member (2002)
Russian to English
+ ...
Bouncing at 100 - another change Oct 26, 2002

I recently passed 100 and was surprised to see that I could bounce questions (not that I did).

However, now all I can do is edit and move them between easy and pro.

Looks like the powers that be have made another change!

diana bb
diana bb  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 06:37
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
To Jack Oct 26, 2002

Yes, I have read Henry\'s posting re. bouncing at 100 KudoZ . But this is not exactly the case. I could edit questions, that is bounce them from easy to pro and the other way round, but the \'squash\' function appearaed only a week or so ago, after I hit 500 KudoZ.

Andrea Bullrich
Andrea Bullrich  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
Squashing and bouncing Oct 28, 2002

Hi Jack and all,

I believe what Henry says in that posting is that after 100 KudoZ you become a bouncer (you can bump questions up and down and change language pairs), but he doesn\'t say anything about squashing.

Andrea

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to squash KudoZ questions?!

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »