Speedier KudoZ email service to platinums
Thread poster: Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 05:34
SITE FOUNDER
Dec 4, 2002

To address the lag that some have experienced before receiving KudoZ notification emails, the usual email service has been supplemented with an additional, faster one. The added mailer is fast but is appropriate only for small batches (since the work happens immediately when the KudoZ form is submitted, and the asker must wait for it to complete before moving on.)

The new service has been in operation for one day. Platinum members will have noticed a shorter delay between t
... See more
To address the lag that some have experienced before receiving KudoZ notification emails, the usual email service has been supplemented with an additional, faster one. The added mailer is fast but is appropriate only for small batches (since the work happens immediately when the KudoZ form is submitted, and the asker must wait for it to complete before moving on.)

The new service has been in operation for one day. Platinum members will have noticed a shorter delay between the time a question was asked and the time notice is received.

Meanwhile, we are working on crafting a more robust general mailer (non-platinum), with the goal of having all KudoZ emails leave our servers within 5 minutes of each question being asked.

As we work to improve the KudoZ.NET system, we will post explanations of changes here. Please comment and provide feedback if you wish. Thanks for your support and patience as we work to improve the site!
Collapse

mónica alfonso
mónica alfonso  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:34
English to Spanish
+ ...
Hi, Henry Dec 4, 2002

I haven\'t received any notification or kudoz for my answer selected some 12 hours ago. You mean I should go on waiting or consider it lost in the cyber ether?

Besides, is there any reason by which I cannot add to the glossary terms which are not my answers? I clic on the link (add to glossary) but the dialogue box never appears. Has there been any change as regards this that I missed to read about?

Andrea Ali
Andrea Ali  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 06:34
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Great! Dec 4, 2002

I\'ve noticed mails take a long time...

I can see my BrowniZ but don\'t know which question they come from...

Thank you and regards!

Andrea :^)))

Nikita Kobrin
Nikita Kobrin  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 12:34
Member (2010)
English to Russian
+ ...
It's really high time! Dec 4, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-12-04 21:10, Henry wrote:

Meanwhile, we are working on crafting a more robust general mailer (non-platinum), with the goal of having all KudoZ emails leave our servers within 5 minutes of each question being asked.

As we work to improve the KudoZ.NET system, we will post explanations of changes here. Please comment and provide feedback if you wish. Thanks for your support and patience ... See more
Quote:

On 2002-12-04 21:10, Henry wrote:

As we work to improve the KudoZ.NET system, we will post explanations of changes here. Please comment and provide feedback if you wish. Thanks for your support and patience as we work to improve the site!

Thanx!

Look forward to e-mail improvements with patience which is already almost out.

Sincerely,

Nikita Kobrin ▲ Collapse

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:34
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Getting better Dec 4, 2002

My email notifications have been a lot faster today than at any other time recently, so I hope the improvement is already starting to take effect.

Igor Yuzhakov
Igor Yuzhakov  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:34
English to Russian
+ ...
Much better! Dec 5, 2002

This is awesome, Henry. The messages come now at an amazingly fast speed! Virtually instantaneously.

I am a happy camper.

Thank you,

Igor Yuzhakov

Endre Both
Endre Both  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:34
English to German
I'm glad you're aware of the problem Dec 5, 2002

...since this is the first time I\'ve seen Proz acknowledge it, although it has been there (and getting worse) for weeks, if not months.

I\'m glad that additional value is offered to Platinum members. I do think that increasing the attractiveness of Platinum membership is necessary (see the discussion about pros and cons of Platinum membership) - without however scari
... See more
...since this is the first time I\'ve seen Proz acknowledge it, although it has been there (and getting worse) for weeks, if not months.

I\'m glad that additional value is offered to Platinum members. I do think that increasing the attractiveness of Platinum membership is necessary (see the discussion about pros and cons of Platinum membership) - without however scaring non-platinums away, which I know is a tightrope walk.

I\'m looking forward to the day when you can again send out all notifications within 5 minutes.

Thanks a lot for your efforts!

Endre

EB Communications
Collapse

Mark Oliver
Mark Oliver  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:34
Indonesian to English
+ ...
Thanks. Dec 5, 2002

This is certainly much appreciated.
[addsig]

Deborah Shannon
Deborah Shannon  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
Well done Dec 5, 2002

It\'s so good to receive queries before they\'ve been answered and graded - thanks for the improvements!

Csaba Ban
Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
Hungary
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
truncated truth Dec 6, 2002

The trivial trials and tribulations of translators are not yet over:

I have not received ANY notification of recent KudoZ questions in my relevant pairs, let alone a speedy one.

Yes, the system was a bit faster on Thursday (Dec5), but today (Dec6), it is slower than ever. Perhaps Proz should hire Santa\'s mooses to deliver all those KudoZ emails to our chimneys?

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:34
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Virtually instantaneous response Dec 9, 2002

I just posted a question, went straight back to my email Inbox and it had already been notified to me (not as an acknowledgement of my posting it, but as a question to be answered). Most impressive!

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 05:34
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Yes, it is! Dec 9, 2002

Every thing seems to be working fine!

Thanks

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Speedier KudoZ email service to platinums

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »