https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_translator_coop/7331-volunteers_wanted_to_translate_manual_for_omegat_free_tm_program.html

Volunteers wanted to translate manual for OmegaT (free) TM program
Thread poster: Marc P (X)
Marc P (X)
Marc P (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:55
German to English
+ ...
Dec 28, 2002

We are looking for volunteers to translate the OmegaT user documentation. We are not able to pay for this work. Before you shout \"EXPLOITATION!\": OmegaT is a translation memory program. It is stable, it is fast, it supports Unicode, it runs on

Windows, Macintosh and Linux, and perhaps best of all, it is FREE. We hope it will be useful to translators, and you are invited to download a copy (or hundreds of copies, if you like - when we say it\'s free, we mean it). It would
... See more
We are looking for volunteers to translate the OmegaT user documentation. We are not able to pay for this work. Before you shout \"EXPLOITATION!\": OmegaT is a translation memory program. It is stable, it is fast, it supports Unicode, it runs on

Windows, Macintosh and Linux, and perhaps best of all, it is FREE. We hope it will be useful to translators, and you are invited to download a copy (or hundreds of copies, if you like - when we say it\'s free, we mean it). It would be nice,

though, if at least the user documentation (and perhaps at a later stage the GUI) were available in other languages as well as English.

For more information, visit the OmegaT home page at http://www.marcprior.de/OmegaT/OmegaT.html

If, after trying out OmegaT, you would like to support the project by translating the user manual into your language, please contact me privately at

[email protected]

Marc
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Ask Henry to add it to the CAT tool center Dec 28, 2002

Hi Marc,

Great to see you here - why don\'t you check with Henry if your tool can be added to the list of CAT tools in the ProZ section dedicated to this? (The easiest way to contact ProZ.com is via a support request.)

Samy Boutayeb
Samy Boutayeb  Identity Verified
France
German to French
+ ...
What about the UI ? Dec 29, 2002

Hi Marc,

I followed with interest your well inspired actions for the \"subcomunity\" of Linux translators. This project is very positive and I would like to contribute too for the French adaptation of part of the documents to be translatecd (Manual, Screenshots and UI). I am quite sure that other colleagues will contribute too, since each of us is certainly busy with paid translations.

Best regards

Samy

Marc P (X)
Marc P (X)  Identity Verified
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Ask Henry Dec 29, 2002

Hallo Ralf,

bin eigentlich schon seit einer Weile da. Versuche sogar, mich anständig zu benehmen . Mit nur mäßigem Erfolg . Vielleicht habe ich deshalb bisher kein einziges Kudo bekommen.

>>why don\'t you check with Henry if your tool can be added to the list of CAT tools in the ProZ section dedicated to this?

Harry Bornemann
Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 09:55
English to German
+ ...
I prefer my CAT tools in English.. Dec 29, 2002

.. because it facilitates communication with customers about them.

And by the way, it should be included in the new CAT Fight at:

http://www.proz.com/?sp=cat/compare

[ This Message was edited by:on2002-12-29 14:09]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Volunteers wanted to translate manual for OmegaT (free) TM program

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »